Burn CD while driving?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn CD while driving?

Hello, one of the things I was interested was the ability to burn a CD while driving. I would like to put a slot load in the center console and use it to burn CD's when possible.

Has anyone had success with this?

Thanks

AdamR
    PROJECT ST34LTH : A 100% integrated car computer with fulltime wireless internet and audiophile-grade sound and exquisite video in a Black on Black Mercedes-Benz S500

yep. i have a slot load installed in my glove compartment (see towards the bottom of this thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36104). ive burned CDs on the go and while parked.... no problems so far.

- O
    2004 Toyota 4Runner Sport 4WD
    Opus 90W, Epia M210K, Lilli 7" TS, 30GB, CDR/DVD Slot, PowerMate, Earthmate, 200GB Seagate 3.5", Verizon BroadbandAccess, CentraFuse, Valetine1 .....

Comment

Originally posted by roleary
      yep. i have a slot load installed in my glove compartment (see towards the bottom of this thread: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36104). ive burned CDs on the go and while parked.... no problems so far.

- O
      Really?
      not even with bad suspension? wouldve thought you mite get errors
      Co Develper of A.I.M.E.E Automotive Intelligent Multimedia Entertainment Engine
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

uh, well.... my suspension is pretty good. although its a truck suspension (2004 4runner). dont think i have hit any big bumps while burning yet though, ill let you know if i do and what happens.

-O
        Opus 90W, Epia M210K, Lilli 7" TS, 30GB, CDR/DVD Slot, PowerMate, Earthmate, 200GB Seagate 3.5", Verizon BroadbandAccess, CentraFuse, Valetine1 .....

Comment

That's not truck suspension, that is less than a 1/2 ton which is a car that looks like a truck. Ha ha, just kidding.
          '99 F-350 Crew 7.3L~'02 F-350 Crew 7.3L~ '04 Dakota SLT+ 4.7L
          MII12000opus120~MII12000opus120~MII10000opus150
          NA~Senao dual 7.4 ant~Orinoco Gold
          Pioneer~Pioneer~PG Octane-R R5.1MT
          Xenarc, Rikaline6010, Garmin OEM16 HVS, CoPilot10

Comment

:d
            RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
            We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

I have a 15 foot IDE cable routed to my glovebox to a laptop DVD-ROM/CDRW.
              I have very stiff racing suspension and bushings. No problems here...
              SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
              GPSing - Digital Speedo
              Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
              Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

sorry, what i meant to say was that the 4Runner is built on the Tundra frame (if im not mistaken), which gives it a truck-like ride instead of a car-like ride.

- O

Comment

got a dvd rw dl ide in the dash (not slot loader). Able to rip n burn cd's and dvd's no problems.
                  The MC of Florida Car PC Meets
                  CAR:2001 Ford Crown Victoria
                  PC: Acer EEE 900HA with Win7 with CF 2.0.
                  Memory:1G
                  Drives:160gig
                  WI-FI:Cingular
                  GPS:IG2k9
                  Screen:Xenarc 700TSV
                  The Florida Meets Thread

Comment

Thanks for your comments guys. Looks like Project : ST34LTH will have a DVD-RW afterall. Ill report back if I get any problems.

Thanks Again!

AdamR
                    PROJECT ST34LTH : A 100% integrated car computer with fulltime wireless internet and audiophile-grade sound and exquisite video in a Black on Black Mercedes-Benz S500

Comment

I forgot to mention... I don't have a use for the CD-Burning feature really.
                      Unless some friends really want a CD from my huge collection of MP3's in my car. It's just for kicks cause it was only 40 more buks for a DVD-ROM with CD-RW capibilities.

The main reason I built and got into CarPC's 4 years ago was because I was so sick of burning 50 CD's a week and having them all pile up in my car.
                      SP13000|M2-ATX|512MB DDR400|2.5" 7200RPM S-ATA|Trans-7"|Slim SL DVD-CDRW|KEH 5.1 DSP|SB L!ve Ext|Gyration PowerMate|BT|WiFi|GPS|WinXP|VoomPC
                      GPSing - Digital Speedo
                      Relocating headunit and extending faceplate
                      Button app to Alt-Tab between two programs

Comment

Working...
                      X