XM Direct V. PCR??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM Direct V. PCR??

Ok - so I'm old school on this apparently...

I had been using the XM PCR from about a year ago in my car....but I keep noticing everyone talking about XMDirect....I'm gathering that XM had to do away with PCR for reasons like people trying to record music with their computers?

so what's the differences between XMDirect and the PCR? better reception? software? what?

Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

You know what we need... an XM radio sticky somewhere around here. I've been looking around and I can grab bits and pieces from old threads about what people have tried with limited success, but quite frankly somebody with a lot of experience should put together a "How To" on the PCR and the XMD units. Exactly what's needed hardware wise, step by step directions, etc.

I've been racking my brain for days now trying to figure out how to tackle the whole thing, but the best I've been able to come up with is that (obviously) the PCR is unattainable, and the XMD needs some kind of special cable. I've seen at least a dozen different wiring diagrams/pinouts for this cable, talks of different XMD models, etc. It's all kind of daunting to anybody that wants to tackle it and doesn't even have a single piece of hardware yet...

Comment

There isnt a difference quality or anything wise, they just dont have XMPCR so people had to find a new route. Keep your PCR because its small and easy to hide/mount. OR sell it to me for $5.00
      '02 GTI
      [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
      [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
      [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
      [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
      Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

heh - gonna keep it and probably do the optic mod to it....if I feel brave enough that is...lol

just wondering about what all happened....lol

and I agree COMPLETELY with viguera...we need a sticky on XM and Sirius....=]
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
        X