Where can I get these parts...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get these parts...?

Can someone please tell me what the circled parts (CIRCLED IN RED) in the attached picture are called and where I could get some of them? I got one of these amplified TV antennas from another reseller and I didn't receive any of these little connectors. These parts are used to attach the antennas to the window so they don't rattle around when you drive.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

IMO I would just rig something up to hold the wires rather then look for those things. They have stick tape on one side and a little clip on the other. I got some of them with my satellite radio antenna, but the sickly tape didn't hold fell and they fell off.

If the wire is being routed on the inside try and tuck the wire around the window. If itís on the outside those mounts won't hold up to weather anyway and would find to find another solution within a few months.

Comment

if it's on the outside tuck the wire under the weather stripping that goes around the windows.....that's what installers do 99% of the time when installing external wiring anyhow...

as for if they will stick or not, generally they will, you just have to clean the area throughly (alcohol pads), but some of them are made with crappy sticky tape and won't stick no matter what....

try your local home depot/lowe's/ace hardware, etc for them, they shoudl have them
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys... The antenna will be mounted inside the car on top of the rear windshield.

I'll goto Home Depot tomorrow to see if I could find some of those sticky connectors. I will have to paint them black.

What tape can I use to stick to the window better. The sticky tape on the antenna doesn't hold up well at all. I have tints on my rear window. I was thinking of using black velcro...?

Comment

here ya go!

http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/s...sp?T1=161+0715

=]

for other options: http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/s...10&child=1pc10
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

What about using some cable tie self adhesive bases (little squares that come in black or white with holes and self adhesive pads and slots to put cable ties through)? If the tape on them is no good try the stuff that is used for sticking rear view mirrors.

eg. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...rldID=&doy=4m1

Comment

Radioshack

Comment

Working...
              X