Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LifeView Win CE Car PC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • LifeView Win CE Car PC

    was looking at a thread on miniPCI cards and came across this on a suppliers site. Wonder how much it costs. Would be a very neat and simple car PC that will do just about everything most of us need.

    http://www.lifeview.com.tw/html/prod...orm/car_pc.htm

    They have some nice looking stuff - particularly interested in their PCI dual TV card with mpeg 1,2 & 4. Anyone tried naything from them?

  • #2
    That does look very neat, - not sure I know much about the processor, is only running Win CE is a nice idea. Just wonder how much it costs.. Good find, now all you need is someone who sells them!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
      Good find, now all you need is someone who sells them!
      Me??? No chance I want POWER!!!! yeah!

      No seriously, the instant on is very appealing and to be honest it will do mp3 fine, run Destinator fine and you can use a USB HDD so its all most people need but there is just no fun in buying a ready made solution for me. I want something that breaks at the wrong time and embarrasses me infront of the girl who is already rapidly going off me thinking i am computer geek cos i have one in my car.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey cool, another 306. How far into your Car PC are you? What spec 306 do you have? What are your plans?

        Comment


        • #5
          No, well it's not any fun at all! - Would be interesting to see how much one would go for.. I wonder if anyone on this website would want one... does some how take a lot of the fun out of it!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
            Hey cool, another 306. How far into your Car PC are you? What spec 306 do you have? What are your plans?
            Yeah I'm part of the 306 crew!! I've just taken it out of my car I'm sad to say, as I'm selling it (any offers?! hehe), getting a Golf I think... So it was in working 100% though I was never happy where the screen was, down by the ashtray at the bottom of the dash near the gear stick. Have an Alpine head unit which I kept in the standard place otherwise I might of put the screen higher up, where have you put your screen?

            Comment


            • #7
              We would need a Frodo CE of course!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SpacemanSpiff
                Yeah I'm part of the 306 crew!! I've just taken it out of my car I'm sad to say, as I'm selling it (any offers?! hehe), getting a Golf I think... So it was in working 100% though I was never happy where the screen was, down by the ashtray at the bottom of the dash near the gear stick. Have an Alpine head unit which I kept in the standard place otherwise I might of put the screen higher up, where have you put your screen?
                I am saving up for a 2003+ scooby WRX now (probably gonna wait a year as the new face lift is coming out so prices will drop a bit more and i like the current model best).

                I am just about to order a 7" TS and am either thinking DIY motorised screen with adjustable yaw and tilt or move the AC controls down (i have a spare center with controls i can cut up and mount the circuit board somewhere else to save space.

                But currently i am trying to get my 306 back on 4 wheels!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Scooby WRX is an excellent choice, my friend is selling an older WRX (M Reg) for 4000 I was very tempted, but I would never be able to afford the insurance (am only 22 with 1 years no claims, so not a chance really!!) Have to the say the Pug has served me fairly well, apart from the christmas tree light display of warning lights.. hehe.. I love french electronics!

                  Would love to see some pictures of your install in your pug' when you get it done, I always fancied picking up a spare center dash to mash up, as it was! But as many of these things are never got round to it.. sounds cool though, I've got a Gain (Xenarc) from linitx and it's fine apart from doesn't save the brightness settings if you yank out the power instead of pressing the power button, and video looks shocking if the brightness is set below 45%, apart from that super screen.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                    I want something that breaks at the wrong time and embarrasses me infront of the girl who is already rapidly going off me thinking i am computer geek cos i have one in my car.
                    Yeah, girls just love carputer geeks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      yeah i have loads of fitties banging down my front door now!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X