Problems with: Epia M10000 and Planet WL-8310 Wlan PCI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with: Epia M10000 and Planet WL-8310 Wlan PCI

I've just bought this card (Planet WL-8310 PCI Wlan card) but when i install the driver in windows xp the computer freezes totally..

I tried reinstalling windows xp but that didn't help :-(

Anyone know this problem and what's causing it ???

Oh.. by the way, tried the card i 2 other computers running windows xp without problems.....
    Car PC: Via Epia M10000N ~ Morex Cubid 2699 ~ M2-ATX PSU ~ 512 MB DDR Kingston ~ G-Sat BU-303 GPS mouse ~ 80 GB Samsung 3.5" hdd ~ Ruwido Wireless IR Keyboard w/mouse keys. ~ 7" - MM400 Touch Screen

www.autopc.dk

I can see in the POST on bootup that the network card share IRQ 10 with Serial Bus Adapter or something like that, can this be the problem ??
    Car PC: Via Epia M10000N ~ Morex Cubid 2699 ~ M2-ATX PSU ~ 512 MB DDR Kingston ~ G-Sat BU-303 GPS mouse ~ 80 GB Samsung 3.5" hdd ~ Ruwido Wireless IR Keyboard w/mouse keys. ~ 7" - MM400 Touch Screen

www.autopc.dk

Comment

Maybe a stupid question, but is the PCI on EPIA M10000N PCI V2.2 Compilant ???

(Can't find docs about it anywhere on via)

www.autopc.dk

Comment

Originally posted by henriktha
        I can see in the POST on bootup that the network card share IRQ 10 with Serial Bus Adapter or something like that, can this be the problem ??
        It very well could be.
        Serial ports on the motherboard typically use IRQ 4 & 3 for COM1 & COM2. If you have an additional serial port installed, it may be using IRQ10.
        Boot the computer without the WLan card and check in the Device Manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager) what devices might be using IRQ10.
        If you can uninstall that device, install the WLan card, then re-install the device that was conflicting, it would very likely work.
        Not a guarantee, though.
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
          It very well could be.
          Serial ports on the motherboard typically use IRQ 4 & 3 for COM1 & COM2. If you have an additional serial port installed, it may be using IRQ10.
          Boot the computer without the WLan card and check in the Device Manager (Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager) what devices might be using IRQ10.
          If you can uninstall that device, install the WLan card, then re-install the device that was conflicting, it would very likely work.
          Not a guarantee, though.

Nope, it's pretty limited what i can uninstall because it's all onboard, but disabling everything in bios i can dont solve the problem.

The card shares IRQ with that serial bus adapter no matter WHAT ???

I found out that the things on the same IRQ in win xp is:
          VIA OHCI Compilant IEEE 1394-Host Controller
          VIA REV 5 USB Host controller

www.autopc.dk

Comment

Anyone have an idea on this problem ???

www.autopc.dk

Comment

No one ????

www.autopc.dk

Comment

Working...
              X