ikea key box

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ikea key box

I read the thread about the ikea key box and i see a lot of people fitting their stuff in there sucessfully. Everyone says there isn't an extra mm to spare. I just picked up one of these boxes and its too short by about 2 or 3mm. I was expecting it to fit without a mm to spare. How are people fitting theirs in? Also, are you putting a full size hd in as well? Did you have to bend any of the metal flaps to fiit it in??

thanks!
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Have you trimmed out the back for the ports to stick out of? That should give you a little space. I havent done this, but I know the ports have to stick out a bit from your mb. Are you using the same mb as the people who have done this?
    -Drew Taylor
    2000 Grand Am GT PC

Comment

let me be more clear. the devices don't fit in because of their WIDTH not the depth. i'm assuming when i am able to put the ports through it will fit. When the Opus 90watt PS and my EPIA MX10000 are side by side they seem to be too wide. Thoughts???
      Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

I'm using a Epia M10k & the keybox fits it perfectly even w/o a drilled backpanel. Once I finish cutting, I should have at least 2-3mm to spare...
        "I'm a dick!"
        "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

I am also using this key box for my M10K.

I will dig up some of my notes, take some pix and post back.

========================================
          - CarPC install complete.
          - CarPC software: CENTRAFUSE
          - Planning/working on in-dash for lilliput monitor

Comment

what is this keybox? any pics?
            my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

a quick search for "ikea keybox" got me this

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...ht=ikea+keybox

Comment

Originally posted by warnockm
                let me be more clear. the devices don't fit in because of their WIDTH not the depth. i'm assuming when i am able to put the ports through it will fit. When the Opus 90watt PS and my EPIA MX10000 are side by side they seem to be too wide. Thoughts???
                I mounted my M10K in an IKEA Karbo key-box. I also have it stored under my rear seat. I just posted my complete process on how I created my custom case in another thread on this forum.

Not to hi-jack your thread, but rather than repeat that same post here, I am posting a link to this explanation.
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...d=1#post351045

if your unable to find it, let me know and I will re-post here.

hth.
                slang

- CarPC install complete.
                - CarPC software: CENTRAFUSE
                - Planning/working on in-dash for lilliput monitor

Comment

this is a sweet idea!

Comment

Working...
                  X