dell laptop startup problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dell laptop startup problem

I have a latitude c600 docked to a C-Dock II. My laptop on startup asks "press F1 to continue or press F2 for setup" and nothing I change in the setup makes it so that it doesn't happen.
    2002 V6 Mustang
    Car Computer
    <||||||||-->
    Car Stereo
    <|||||||||->
    Performace
    <|--------->

seems as though you have a key being pressed or summit. when it boots open a text editor and see if a button is being pressed or summit.

Is the dock new? could be a problem with the keyboard pass though

Comment

Originally posted by Krusher
      I have a latitude c600 docked to a C-Dock II. My laptop on startup asks "press F1 to continue or press F2 for setup" and nothing I change in the setup makes it so that it doesn't happen.
      Do you have any PCI cards in the C-DOCK II? I used to have this problem when I had installed a 4 port USB2 card in the C-Dock II. I removed the card and the problem went away (I was able to use a modem card and a video card, just not the USB card. Dell only guarantees that the PCI slots in the C-DOCK II will work for video cards).

Alan

Comment

Sounds like an hardware failure during the POST. Like maybe you have to disable your keyboard because youre not using one.

Just and suggestion
        `
        ,,`,,
        ,,`,,
        ``,,`,,` `
        ,,`,,
        ,,`,,
        `
        `

Comment

well I guess that was a good call... I pulled my USB2 card out and it ran fine... go figure... guess I'm stuck with using the ag wireless card and putting in a video card... guess my liliput will get a better resolution afterall.... but now I have to go out and buy a PCMCIA USB2 card
          2002 V6 Mustang
          Car Computer
          <||||||||-->
          Car Stereo
          <|||||||||->
          Performace
          <|--------->

Comment

Working...
          X