adding cd changer to pc without bus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding cd changer to pc without bus

i have given up on trying to controll a cd changer from the pc (unless anybody has come up with a way) but i have a fm modulator unit and a sony ten disk and i am thinking i can come up with some way to provide power to the modulator when i press a changer button on my touchscreen and switch to a input on my sound card. i can then change disk etc with the modulator unit. what i need is a front end software that has buttons for a changer and a usb soundcard i can switch inputs on and some way of turning the changer on and off. does this sound like a worthwhile option or does anybody have any ideas?
    PB 2.0Ghz, 20GB, 512mb, XPpro. 300GB Usb HDD, Griffin pwrmate, m-audio audiophile fw. BU-353 gps. 2x100w sony amps, 1x150w JBL sub amp, MBQuart front components, 6x9 rear, 10" sub. Audiocontrol epcienter, esp2, 3xs. Clifford G5, Finished, fitted, problems

I don't see much trouble controlling the CD changer from the PC.
    All the busses such as P/IP/I/M are pretty known and the only problem is to build the schematics for it.
    But the main question why ?
    Car pc integration with ease
    Car mediacenter

Comment

Build a second computer for your car. Buy an ATA card and add 8 or so CDroms to it. Toss in a router and you can map each CD drive to your existing carputer.

It'd be hilariously sick in a trunk.
      ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

[---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

Comment

the 'why' is because i have one with antishock and the slotload drive i have in the dash keeps skipping when the car is moving. also i am using some half decent speakers and amps and noticed when i set it up on my home stereo that mp3s sound a lot worse than a cd in the drive. might just load my most played disks as wav files, these will have better sound right?
        PB 2.0Ghz, 20GB, 512mb, XPpro. 300GB Usb HDD, Griffin pwrmate, m-audio audiophile fw. BU-353 gps. 2x100w sony amps, 1x150w JBL sub amp, MBQuart front components, 6x9 rear, 10" sub. Audiocontrol epcienter, esp2, 3xs. Clifford G5, Finished, fitted, problems

Comment

Working...
        X