CarPC Pro v.2.2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC Pro v.2.2?

The CarPC Pro v.2.2 in the product section looks like a dream come true. Does anyone here use it? I use a 120vac inverter in my car to power my CarPC and it says that the unit has an inverter control? What exactly does that mean? Can it actually turn on and off my inverter? Or do I have some crazy relay inline with the inverter to pull it off.
    http://www.ridemods.com/secondsig.jpg

How many watts can this power supply handle?
    EPIA 800, DWW-7VGA LCD w/Touchscreen, 256mb ram, dvd rom, ati radeon 7000 video card, 80 gb 3.5" hard drive.

Comment

I have the CarPC EZ version which does everything of the Pro except temperature monitoring.

I don't know if it works. I installed it last night but my computer's inside while I change the motherboard and repair Windows. So hopefully this weekend I'll know how well it works.

No crazy inline relays.

It's a tiny circuit board. About 3 inches by 2 inches approximately. It hooks to a switched power source to know when the car is on. It hooks to the power button plug on the mobo and turns it on like you were pressing the button. I wires into the power switch on your inverter (this is the fun part).

It wires into the power leads to the SWITCH on the inverter, NOT the power leads that give the thing it's juice. It connects behind the switch to connect the circuit remotely while the switch is off.

The whole wiring install took me about a half an hour last night to wire it into the car. Wiring it into the PC is all plugs of one kid or another. Should take 12 seconds.

It'll also turn on the amps for your stereo, but I didn't get into all that yet.

I'll tell you this weekend if it works well.

Oh, and wiring it into the inverted took all of 10 minutes. It's really simple and it comes with a very detailed and complete diagram of what to do.
      Here it is! My carputer install! 1997 BMW M3

Comment

Deadnick, according to the manual an inverter is controlled by shorting the power switch on the inverter itself. As Skipback said you have to open up the inverter to tap into the switch. It's better however then just killing the main DC input and doesn't require an extra relay to do it.

BJM, this is just a shutdown controller not a power supply. It should be able to control anything up to the limitation of the relays current limit.

Kyfer, I'm interested in using your controller in my own setup. Any info and new features you can give out on the upcoming versions? Hopefully user selectable delays? I know that you can customize the delays for people before shipping but I for one would like to be able to change it myself for summer and winter. My diesel needs a longer delay in winter for the intake heater to finish it's current draw on the battery before I crank it over. Like the temp sensors on the Pro by the way!
        Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

strohmrs, keep an eye out, we will be releasing a new one soon with a bunch of new features I am not going to release yet because of the competition.

KyferEz
          TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
          PSU Wattage Calculator
          Electronics Calculators
          Copper Wire Data

Comment

Thanks KyferEz. I'll be looking for it. Any ETA or is it still too early to tell?
            Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

ETA is supposed to be end of Jan. You may not see them in mp3car until middle of Feb though.

KyferEz
              TheCarPCStore.com - Power Controllers (SDC), Inverters, Tank Circuit, GPS, OBDII, CarPCs, and more!
              PSU Wattage Calculator
              Electronics Calculators
              Copper Wire Data

Comment

Thanks for the update!
                Rick S.

Comment

This sounds pretty interesting ... and economic.

So, if I mount this in my trunk, what kind of wire do I need to run to the CARPC EZ/Pro? I assume I can just hook this up to ACC wire, correct? Could there be any interference issues because long wire from ACC to trunk?

Thanks for any help guys!

Comment

TheCarPCStore site isnt up at the moment so i got a quick question. It says theres a shutdown/startup feature. But is this a manual solution with a switch or will it be automatic when the key is removed?
                    Osiris Networx

--Tuning is all about price vs performance. You've got to find your own medium.--

Comment

Osiris,

It has automatic timed startup and shutdown just like the rest of them.
                      Rick S.

Comment

Deadnick - did you end up buying a startup/shutdown controller?

The reason I ask, is because we just shipped a DSSC to Duvall, Washington a week or two ago.

I'm curious if it was you, or if you might know the person.

Kind regards,
                        CB
                        DashPC - The Linux Car (since 1999).

Dash LCD, Via Epia, GPS, XM, OBDII, DSSC Shutdown Controller.

As seen in the book Geek My Ride

Comment

DSSC sent to Duvall, WA

Originally posted by cbergeron
                          Deadnick - did you end up buying a startup/shutdown controller?

The reason I ask, is because we just shipped a DSSC to Duvall, Washington a week or two ago.

I'm curious if it was you, or if you might know the person.

Kind regards,
                          CB
                          This was me. I've just sent you a PM about this order.

Thanks,
                          Dalen

Comment

Working...
                          X