Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good source for "Carputer" cases.

Hello Carputer Veterans!

I've been "lurking" for the past couple of weeks, and I'd like to thank those members whose advice I've used "indirectly". I'm in the process of building an MP3 player for my 2003 CRV. It's coming along fine, and I'll post pics when I'm ready to install it. Still waiting for some info and parts.

I built my first car digital clock in 1976 for my '73 Chevy Malibu. I'm not new to the general electronics, but those software programs I'd be lost without!

Just to contribute, however minimally, I thought I'd let list members know about this company that sells all kinds of project cases www.action-electronics.com. They have a "cap cover" case that an ATX motherboard will fit into nicely (10"x10"x3") for about 30 bucks (US). Also there is an infrared remote made by Creative that MCM electronics sells for 7 bucks (mcminone.com) Another source I'd just like to mention (I get no kickbacks for this) is Newegg.com. They have decent prices, and I've ordered from them on numerous occasions and have never been dissapointed.

I just wanted a system that would allow me to control the music with as little effort as possible. The 4 button serial interface for Winamp is terrific! I can keep my eyes on the (Los Angeles) traffic while scrolling through my collection, and "Nobody gets hurt". Anyway, whenever I get I chance to finish, pix and comments will follow.

Thanks again,
    Cliffystones
Working...
X