Micro ATX MB w/ Celeron D ~ no power?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro ATX MB w/ Celeron D ~ no power?

I just bought a micro atx asus mb with a celeron D processor and have hooked up to a 100 watt psu in the house to config before i put it in the car. And the mf'er wont power up. I have no clue what the prob is. Can anyine help or suggestions please. Thanks

Hmmm... 100w is a bit too LITTLE to power your motherboard + processor. Also, does it have the P4 connector?
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I second that! The celeron D will use up to 73Watts on its own.
      Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

Hmm well that must be my prob then. If 100 watts wont power it then how the hell is my opus gonna power it? DO i/ need to get a amd athlon xp processor? What will take less watts with a micro atx board?

Thanks for the replys btw

Comment

A Mobile AMD Athlon XP is about 35W which may be low enough to use with your power supply. I assume your Opus is 90W and not a 100W? At that rating they are meant to be used for the EPIA and ITX boards. The 150W Opus should of been enough to run what you have. If you try a Mobile AMD then you do realize that it will require a different motherboard then the Asus that you got for the celeron?
          Rick S.

XP Pro SP2, Soyo P4RC350 MB, Nvidia FX5200, 320W PS, Inverter & uSDC20D, 2.4GHz CeleronD320, 512MB DDR, 30GB 3.5", Pioneer 106s Slot DVD, Linksys WMP54G WiFi, Lilliput 7" & 4" TFT LCD, Zippy EL610 Keyboard, Touchpad, Garmin GPS V

Comment

Funny you should bring up such a subject!
            I bought a Celeron D (330 - 2.66GHz) with an MSI 865 a few months ago. Hooked it up to my Keypower 250W DC-DC and hooked that up to an old AT PS and... nothing. Fans would jump then nothing. Tried an old ATX to the Keypower with a jumpered connector and the same result. (Quick run to CompUSA) Hooked up a 300W regular PS (removed Keypower) and everything worked.

So, I figured the older power supplies weren't able to keep up. Ran out to the shed an pulled the battery out of the riding lawn mower. Re-hooked up the Keypower, and connected that to the small battery and EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT.

Celerons eat the juice. Get a Keypower 250W PS. Or, use an inverter (shiver).

Unfortunately, now I can't mow the yard and run the comp in my house at the same time.
            http://www.jeepmp3.com/
            CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
            Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Well i have a opus 150. And so your sayin use a mobile athlon xp or use a keypower psu? I thought the keypower psu's were *****?

Comment

Everyone says the OPUS is the solution. I think it is good. I happen to use a PC power and cooling PS that has been great.... I got it forever ago, before the OPUS was this popular. I have used it for a P200 and a celeron 300a... i do not even remember the rating of the PS.
                TruckinMP3
                D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by bmoney03
                  Well i have a opus 150. And so your sayin use a mobile athlon xp or use a keypower psu? I thought the keypower psu's were *****?
                  Sorry if I wasn't clear. I run a Celeron D and a Keypower and it works like a dream. If he can get by on a Opus 150 with that CPU, then more power to him.
                  http://www.jeepmp3.com/
                  CarPC Stolen. Starting over.
                  Ne1 recognize the avatar?

Comment

Working...
                  X