What form factor does everyone use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What form factor does everyone use?

I have been lurking this forum for quite some time and have finaly decided to put a system in to my truck. I have looked at prices for the various parts and it got me thinking. I have lots of room and I will be buildng a custom console for my PC so do I really need to buy mini-itx stuff? The savings for me to buy ATX components should be alright and as such I will be able to spend more my components.

Focus: What form factor is most common or what are you using? And, other than size, what are the advantages to mini-itx?

Thanks for the help

J

It's split about 50-50 miniITX vs microATX
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

I seriously doubt you are going to get someone spend time answering this because the answers are out there and it would require a biggish answer - go read search on different form factors and read people signatures!

Comment

Scouse - you wanted to say that for ages aint ya!

Comment

I'll agree, I actually specifically remember a full thread that was talking about this IN DEPTH not too long ago....

I believe the title was " Why miniitx?" or something along those lines....=]
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

the answers were out there, but not exactly in a direct comparison. That is, until I started a comparison thread that can be found a little ways under this one. Called Mini ITX VS Shuttle. CHeck that out, it's exactly what you are asking here.
            Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
            Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
            I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
            Please help.

Comment

Don't forget the laptops!
              2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
              7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
              80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

If you have enough space, you should go with mATX. I just got an 1ghz ITX and it's slow compared to my 1ghz mATX.

Comment

Originally posted by OriginalNick2
                  Scouse - you wanted to say that for ages aint ya!
                  who me????

Red gTI - i remember that thread very well too - which is probably what triggered my firm but fair comments.

F-Fame: you have room for a larger system, you know you will be able to buy better stuff if you go larger so you have kind of answered your own question anyway. Looka t my sig for a start - ditched laptop and going mobile athlon - i am ditching the lappy cos it is just too much of a compromise and and i can do better using mATX and i want more power than ITX and can't hide an ITX anywhere so may as well go mATX.

Get searching and reading up for more people opinions

Comment

Yeah, I have to call shenanigans on the 'I've been lurking for a while' comment.
                    Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                    http://hallert.net/

Comment

Working...
                    X