Compact IR Reciever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact IR Reciever

Hi, I just found this product, I don't know if it has been listed here before but i like it over the IRMAN becasue of its compact size.

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/dusan/ir_receiver_01.htm

They have a USB and Serial Version. it costs about 35 dollars shipped to the US.

It is compatable with Girder.

I will be ordering one.
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

thats very cool, I like the idea of USB

That looks exactly like the one I use in my car except I built mine, works perfectly with girder.

I was lucky enough to find the IR receiver in a directv unit I had.

肚子笑痛了
    S60 Install

Comment

If i had time i would build one too. Thanks for posting the scematics.

I can't wait to be able to control my system with my remote

I got this super slim one off ebay a while back
      http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6&postcount=18

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
        They have a USB and Serial Version. it costs about 35 dollars shipped to the US.
        The guy's got auctions on eBay going for 4.99 + 2.90 S/H to US (British Pounds). In American $ this equals...$14.76 out the door. Not sure how important the USB version is to you.

Comment

dude i made 2 the other day for a total of $20 bucks. so 10 bucks each.. and i got it just as small... i used lan cable small piece of pcb and the components.. it works great. and the best part is for 18 bucks more you can get a usb to serial adapter. GL DON'T BE LAZY!!
          Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
          Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
          S2000 Carputer

Comment

If i had time i would build one too. Thanks for posting the scematics.

I can't wait to be able to control my system with my remote

I got this super slim one off ebay a while back
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6&postcount=18

yeah i'm pretty much doing the same exact thing, except now i'm looking for a steering wheel remote so I dont have a remote rolling around the car.
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

Originally posted by darkhalo
              dude i made 2 the other day for a total of $20 bucks. so 10 bucks each.. and i got it just as small... i used lan cable small piece of pcb and the components.. it works great. and the best part is for 18 bucks more you can get a usb to serial adapter. GL DON'T BE LAZY!!
              So with may calculation ($31.82 shipped) I will pay for the USB version and and have someone else make it for me for about the same price ($28 from your posted cost). Thats not Lazy, thats smart.

So how much is your time worth? Obviosly less than mine

Comment

I should have a review sample coming from www.IR2PC.com this week. Check out my web site for more info (www.hnetinc.com)

Comment

Originally posted by jcdillin
                  thats very cool, I like the idea of USB

That looks exactly like the one I use in my car except I built mine, works perfectly with girder.

I was lucky enough to find the IR receiver in a directv unit I had.

I built this one too. You can get all the parts at radio shack for under $10. It's easily assembled in less than 1 hour.
                  2004 4runner

Comment

That one looks good too.

Comment

I built 2 of those base on the schema above cost about 15 or less for 2. All parts order from digikey at the same time I order parts for the Sproggy.

You can have all the supporting parts (resistor, cap, regulator, diodes all in the Serial D9 housing and extended the IR sensor with 3 wires to wherever you want.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

So with may calculation ($31.82 shipped) I will pay for the USB version and and have someone else make it for me for about the same price ($28 from your posted cost). Thats not Lazy, thats smart.

So how much is your time worth? Obviosly less than mine
                        yeah well im just using the serial version bro... but do whatever you feel is best
                        Carputer: 2.8Ghz P4, 512 RAM, 120gb HDD, WIFI, TV tuner, CDRW/DVDROM, Slot load DVD in front.
                        Screen: Lilliput 7" touchscreen (Custom made Carbon Fiber Screen Enclosure)
                        S2000 Carputer

Comment

nOObie chiming in! I understand the receiver part, but what remote do you use? I have 4 old Directv boxes sitting around with remotes. Do I make the circuit and load Girder and use the DTV remotes?

Comment

Originally posted by MatrixPC
                            You can have all the supporting parts (resistor, cap, regulator, diodes all in the Serial D9 housing and extended the IR sensor with 3 wires to wherever you want.
                            Where one gets a housing that is big enough for every thing, I looked all over, then again, I tend to miss things.

Comment

@kingtut: It should fit in just about any housing as long as you use the 78L05 and not the 7805.

@Dudes99: It should work with most remotes you have lying around. Some work on slightly different carrier frequencies than what the IR reciever uses but mine worked with every remote I had lying around.
                              2004 4runner

Comment

Working...
                              X