another disappointment - motherboard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another disappointment - motherboard

I got a Via EPIA M10000 for xmas. i used it a few times and today i went to power it on and nothing happens. I'm using an AC powersupply, not my opus with no luck. When i flip the powerswitch on the power supply off the fan turns for a second like normal, but it won't turn on at all.

does anyone have any suggestions?
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Does the PSU work on another system?
    2004 4runner

Comment

Yes, neither my Opus, nor my wired powersupply turn the Via on.
      Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

I had that before on a normal system, if the board is in a case then just try to take it out power it up. Also make shure nothing is pluged into it like usb devices, pci card. Good luck.
        4G64 5 SPEED
        MY CAR - MY 5SPD - MY CARPUTER - MY GARAGE SALE

Comment

thanks, already ahead of you, i unplugged everything except monitor, mouse and keyboard. I took it out of the case and everyting but to no avail. thanks for hte suggestion.

Comment

hmmmm, ,maybe see if u can ground it... (in the case??)
            AT mobo
            Intel Pentium MMX 233mhz
            ESS Solo PCI soundcard
            Linksys NIC
            Irman

Comment

in a situation like this i would also recomend 1) goto sleep and things hopefully be better in the morning. 2) take the cpu out and put it back in[which you can't do] 3) file for an rma from where your parents got it and exchange it.
              4G64 5 SPEED
              MY CAR - MY 5SPD - MY CARPUTER - MY GARAGE SALE

Comment

try to reinsert memory or try known good memory

Comment

I figured out the problem. Turns out i'm an idiot. Yeah, that's the problem

I was connecting the wrong pins for the power on switch. THe manual and wiring diagrams are there for a reason

thanks all

Comment

Working...
                  X