Clarion AutoPc - any info etc?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarion AutoPc - any info etc?

I just bought a Clarion AutoPC from Ebay just to see what it is and what it can do.

Anyone have any info on it in terms of mods etc and also what Navigation software it needs - apparently it has something called Odyssey 2000 and needs NavTech USA map disks but the Navtech site says that it doesn't supply them anymore so if someone has an old copy I'd sure like a copy - I'll cover any costs of course.

It sounds about as powerful as an old Win CE handheld so we will see what it can do.

Thanks

Steve

RV : Samsung Q1 + Kyocera KR1 (EVDO) + GPS<br>
    Car: AMD 3000+ Book PC + Lilliput 8" Touch + 13" TFT

Webmaster for the European Ford Scorpio Site

Originally posted by SteveC
    I just bought a Clarion AutoPC from Ebay just to see what it is and what it can do.

Anyone have any info on it in terms of mods etc and also what Navigation software it needs - apparently it has something called Odyssey 2000 and needs NavTech USA map disks but the Navtech site says that it doesn't supply them anymore so if someone has an old copy I'd sure like a copy - I'll cover any costs of course.

It sounds about as powerful as an old Win CE handheld so we will see what it can do.
    Doesn't the Clarion AutoPC run WinCE?
    That would make it about as powerful as any other device that runs WinCE, I'd think...
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

It runs on SDAL format

Comment

I got omnifi with openfi for my mp3 music. What model of car PC recomend me?

Comment

Steve its Junk, i had one for about 1.5 months before I got rid of it for numerous problems. Cool idea, poorly implemented. As far as the disc, I will have to dig around, I 'had' a copy here somewhere. I'll let u know if i find it. It was VERY limited when I tried to mod it...

B

Comment

Originally posted by dsilva
            I got omnifi with openfi for my mp3 music. What model of car PC recomend me?
            hrmm - I'm gathering that you are brand spankin new to the whole forum philosophy?

try starting your own thread, less likely to get flamed, and more likely to get the answers you want

however, you're question leads me to believe that you are asking to be spoon fed...good luck with that
            Jan Bennett
            FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

AutoPC

Hi Steve, I have the autopc and all of it's software. You do need the navigation software and disks. If you want help e-mail me directly at johnruggieri @hotmail.com Put "AutoPC Help" in the subject line. Also, you may need to try several times as I don't check my spam filter all the time.

Comment

Working...
              X