No announcement yet.

Looking for a really nice small toggle.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a really nice small toggle.

Just what the title says. I've browsed through my mouser catalog like 20 times, and looked on their site, and seeing a whole buncha numbers just doesn't do the switches justice.

I want to put in a nice switch panel type of thing, but I wanna keep it hidden in my coin tray/ash tray (for that externally stock looking install). But obviously, I'm tight on space.

-->Has anyone, and I am looking for suggestions here, found a really nice, sturdy, very small toggle switch? Pictures would be very nice!

I've played with the idea of membrane switches, and the electronics required gets messy. I don't want to have a whole bunch of control circuitry just to turn on a light or something.

Any other ideas?
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Bump.

So nobody is using toggle switches? You're all just twisting the wires together as you need them then?
    2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
    7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
    80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Go for push-on/push-off or rocker. Toggles look old.

Comment

Its hard to make a recommendation since there are so many styles and sizes out there. Best I can suggest is to go the web sites of some of the manufacturers you find in the Mouser catalog and look at their information. Typically you should find pictures and dimensioned drawings.

Comment

I'm starting to like Allied better than Mouser because they have color pictures. Random page: http://www.alliedelec.com/catalog/pf.asp?FN=757.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X