Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double din lcd

hi all

is there a place where i can buy a prefitted lcd with touchscreen that would fit into my double din slot??

could anybody do this for me?

thx

Originally posted by xxxomxxx
    is there a place where i can buy a prefitted lcd with touchscreen that would fit into my double din slot??
    No.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

hi all

could anybody do this for me?

thx
      You could if you had a VW.... and it would cost you so much you wish you bought the VW factory to make one for you.
      I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Good luck, and while your at it you can wish for a pony...

Seriously, the archives and you will find that this is quite possibly the holy grail of car computing...
        VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

Originally posted by BeaverWise
          Good luck, and while your at it you can wish for a pony...

Seriously, the archives and you will find that this is quite possibly the holy grail of car computing...
          You're talking about a single-DIN motorized touchscreen with VGA input.
          He's talking about a 7" screen fitted into an enclosure that fits ina double-DIN opening. The same thing that people spend hours on with epoxy & bondo & fiberglass.
          But he'd know that if he searched the forums first.
          How about the Wiki?

Comment

i did search the forum and DIDNT find anything, so i ASKED, thats what the forums are for... arent they...

well, in my opinion two things that are really missing:

double din LCD
            and TV SUPPORT in the frontends

Comment

i did search the forum and DIDNT find anything, so i ASKED, thats what the forums are for... arent they...

well, in my opinion two things that are really missing:

double din LCD
              Fabricate your own. That's what everyone else does.

Valid point, although I think the idea of watching TV in my truck is pretty absurd. If I want to watch anything, it would be a DVD.
              But that's just me.
              How about the Wiki?

Comment

double din LCD
                I agree with your on the double din, but most people choose to fabricate their own because it will just look better.

TV reception will suck in the car.
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

@ globalmobile needs vga and doesn't have it, so its almost use less as a car computer monitor.

Comment

Originally posted by globalmobile
                    Have you concidered changing out your factory head unit for a double din all in one touchscreen unit. Check out the VT-DVD651 @ www.globalmobileorlando.com/estore . This unit is High Quality, High Resolution, and low priced. It's made to fill that double Din hole. It's a bargain. Check it out.........
                    Seriously, I have to think "twice" or more if you give me this unit for FREE to put in my car for Carputer setup.
                    This unit will NOT work with carpc setup and if it does the quality will be suck.
                    And this site is NOT about car audio/video. It is all about CARPUTER.
                    You have 2 posts (one in the Tundra as well) trying to sell this units. Commeercial seller (without paying for advertising) trying to sell your produce is kind of violating the term of this site. right mods?

xxxomxxx You have to either do it yourself or ask someone in the fab forum to do it for you (at a price). Most/all VGA TS LCD doesn't fit perfectly in the double din slot cuz the LCD frame is bigger than the double DIN openning.
                    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

lol, this doesnt sound like a friendly forum

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                        I agree with your on the double din, but most people choose to fabricate their own because it will just look better.

TV reception will suck in the car.

not really the tv in my explorer gets great reception..
                        depends on the antenna...

Comment

and if it's satilite or not...I think..I dont know enough to make a statement about it.

Comment

Originally posted by davidmmm69
                            not really the tv in my explorer gets great reception..
                            depends on the antenna...
                            I dunno. I was in a limo once and the reception sucked on all channeles.
                            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                              I dunno. I was in a limo once and the reception sucked on all channeles.
                              the newer tuners are mostly satalite recepters...I think...unless thats just what the really rich people can afford...

Comment

Working...
                              X