Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Semprom 1000hz???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AMD Semprom 1000hz???

    Hi

    I recently built my first pc using an AMD cpu, Everything seems to be running fine but in the bios it states that the cpu speed is 1000hz. the cpu model is amd 2500+

    So is the cpu running at its full speed or not???

    Thanks
    Lilitput 7" touch screen :-( , Epia -M 256ddr, Opus150w,

  • #2
    Semptron 2500+ is supposed to run at 1.750GHz.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

    1995 Lexus SC300

    Comment


    • #3
      a) Get WCPUID and check if the CPU is running at full speed
      b) install the latest BIOS update
      Lilliput 7" TS TFT, ASRock K7VM2, Duron 1,3 GHz, 512 MB DDR RAM, 30 GB Seagate HDD @ 5.400 rpm, WLAN w/ 500mW booster, Toshiba Slimline DVD-ROM Drive, D-Link USB Radio

      Download the German Voicepack 1.0 for FreeDrive now!

      Comment


      • #4
        Sounds like somebody has their FSB set wrong.

        Comment


        • #5
          that thing's a beast! well if you've got XP loaded on it, it's running faster than 1000 hz, but ya that's weird... ya i'm not very helpful.
          My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
          2 Kicker Comp 10"
          Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
          Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
          Check it out?!

          Comment


          • #6
            front side bus or in bios. Get into bios and change it to default settings.

            Comment


            • #7
              tHANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLYS

              By the way has anyone else had any problems similar to this .

              thanks
              Lilitput 7" touch screen :-( , Epia -M 256ddr, Opus150w,

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pudge
                that thing's a beast! well if you've got XP loaded on it, it's running faster than 1000 hz, but ya that's weird... ya i'm not very helpful.
                i'm pretty sure xp runs on less
                Kimi ga kawareba, Seikaimo kawaru!

                Comment


                • #9
                  yea, XP will go on anything 233mhz and up...been there done that.

                  as far as the sempron goes, they run at 200mhz, crank up the bios settings or throw some jumpers. i just went thru thaton my 2400+
                  2005 Ford Focus ST

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pudge
                    that thing's a beast! well if you've got XP loaded on it, it's running faster than 1000 hz, but ya that's weird... ya i'm not very helpful.
                    Originally posted by gospeed.racer
                    yea, XP will go on anything 233mhz and up...been there done that.

                    as far as the sempron goes, they run at 200mhz, crank up the bios settings or throw some jumpers. i just went thru thaton my 2400+
                    It seams we have 2 diferent threads going on in one, we have the sarcastic/funny, and then the straight... the reason I say this is that both quotes above are correct.

                    Mush states that his CPU speed is registering as 1000Hz which would be 100MHz, now Pudge seams to be playin along with the fact that he screwed up and put Hz instead of MHz, and gospeed.racer os going on the fact that yes he did mess up and put Hz instead of MHz, and possibly thinks that everyone is going along with that... anywho that ends my rant.

                    but on topic, if its showing 1000MHz you must have a clockspeed/FSB multiplyer setting wrong.

                    Creoden
                    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Mush
                      Hi

                      I recently built my first pc using an AMD cpu, Everything seems to be running fine but in the bios it states that the cpu speed is 1000hz. the cpu model is amd 2500+

                      So is the cpu running at its full speed or not???

                      Thanks
                      Check the book supplied with your motherboard. If its a new install they set the jumpers at the lowest default expecting you to change the multiplier to match the chip you put in. This is basically so the mboard wont fry your cpu if you have not set it up. If the board has been used before it may still be at the old cpu settings.
                      Either way read the manual supplied with the mboard. If you have no manual you can usually download one of the mboard manufacturers site.
                      EPIA MII: 512m Ram: LinITX 8" Touch Screen: Carnetix P1290 PSU: 802b PCMCIA Wireless card: Slot DVD Player: Touchpad: Wireless Keyboard: BU303 GPS Mouse:
                      Win 2000: RoadRunner Front End: Michelin Mapstore GPS: Netstumbler:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        ya i was playing on the fact that he put hz, sorry! it goes hz, khz, mhz, ghz... i think.
                        My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                        2 Kicker Comp 10"
                        Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                        Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                        Check it out?!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Mush
                          Hi

                          I recently built my first pc using an AMD cpu, Everything seems to be running fine but in the bios it states that the cpu speed is 1000hz. the cpu model is amd 2500+

                          Thanks
                          If your running at 1000Hz ur bios is set well wrong !!
                          Like 1 million times too low LOL

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Oops

                            Originally posted by Creoden
                            It seams we have 2 diferent threads going on in one, we have the sarcastic/funny, and then the straight... the reason I say this is that both quotes above are correct.

                            Mush states that his CPU speed is registering as 1000Hz which would be 100MHz, now Pudge seams to be playin along with the fact that he screwed up and put Hz instead of MHz, and gospeed.racer os going on the fact that yes he did mess up and put Hz instead of MHz, and possibly thinks that everyone is going along with that... anywho that ends my rant.

                            but on topic, if its showing 1000MHz you must have a clockspeed/FSB multiplyer setting wrong.

                            Creoden
                            Guess the jokes on me! I read it wrong too
                            Kimi ga kawareba, Seikaimo kawaru!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X