Longer USB backplate cable

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer USB backplate cable

To avoid possible flamage, I searched but didn't find anything fruitful.

I'm looking at this, that came with my EPIA ME6000.

I need it to be about like 2 feet longer, to reach from dash to glovebox. Is this purchaseable somewhere? Any gotchas to trying to splice extend the cable (sounds iffy to me, with data integrity, etc)? What's everyone doing to run USB ports to dash?

i dont think that splicing some extra cable in will be much of a problem. i know that i myself have had to resplice some usb cables, especially the one for my printer since its about a good 9 feet from the computer, and so far i havent had any troubles. just make sure you match the wires correctly.
    Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Yep, splice them, or use some USB male-female cables (extention cables)
      Every day driver, 1989 Celica. Probly won't get a carpc for a while

Working on: 1972 240z. Gonna put a V8 and a Turion in it. Best power in bothworlds. Now if only I could get my theoretical boot as low as my theroretical 1/4 mile time (8.22 s)

Comment

Ive seen something like that on EvilBay with Loooong cables and USB/Firewire jacks.

Comment

i should also add (while not all related) that the controller ports on the xbox are simply redesigned usb ports and many people have rewired their xbox controllers simply by splicing in a usb plug and have been able to use them on their pc's with no problems whatsoever.
          Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Working...
          X