problem with slow mobo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with slow mobo

ivīe got a EPIA V10000 and i am experiencing some very annoying lag when playing dvdīs or having visualizations running...is this really normal?? seems kinda strange for a 1GHz processor with nearly 400Mb in ram??

Has this always been the case or has it been acting funky just recently?

What kind of DVD player are you using?

Give complete specs of system including speed of RAM and how much free space you have on your HD.

Also what program are you using to play the DVD's?

Comment

ive heard from many people that the Via proc's are pretty slow for being 1GHZ. ave you tried stripping down your setup to a minimal install? like minimal background processes running, etc..
      Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Originally posted by Phowell23
        Has this always been the case or has it been acting funky just recently?

What kind of DVD player are you using?

Give complete specs of system including speed of RAM and how much free space you have on your HD.

Also what program are you using to play the DVD's?
        naaw..i think itīs always been like this, just havenīt thought of it that much!
        also seems like my mobo is preferring 100 instead of 133Mhz on the mem sticks...

anyway

Via Epia V10000
        384 RAM
        5.25" DvD
        3.3Gb 2.5" HDD (for testing, will be upgraded)/ about 2.5gigs free

Comment

Hmm well 3 gb harddrive could be slowing you down a bit. You might want to try to update your video drivers to the latest version if you haven't already tried that...

http://www.viaembedded.com/product/index.jsp

Comment

iīm using a stripped version of Xp and have the absolutely newest drivers...

Comment

Working...
            X