Good deal at CompUSA...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good deal at CompUSA...

Today at CompUSA, if you buy TurboTax Deluxe ($30 after rebates) you get a FREE USB 2.0 1GB portable hard drive ($60 value, you pay $30 and get a $30 rebate, so its free). I jumped on this because I don't want to use WiFi to transfer files and had been looking at jump drives, but they all cost $70-90. I was going to pick up Turbo Tax anyway, so this was the way to go for me.
    Just thought I'd share in case anyone else is in the same boat I am. Now to play with my new toy!!
    Spent so far: $1,755
    Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
    CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
    Don't mess with Texas.
    It's not nice to pick on retards!

sweet!

I've already got my returns back.. so no need for TurboTax Deluxe here but that drive sounds nice.
    •Micke

Comment

Drive works well. I can transfer a movie (700MB) to it in about 6 min.
      How can I find out if I have USB 2.0 on my computer? I'm not sure if I do or not, and the device manager didn't say.
      Thanks.
      Spent so far: $1,755
      Check Out My Work Log for Specs/Pics
      CarPC Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!].....Installation[---------+].....Pastrami Progress[!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]
      Don't mess with Texas.
      It's not nice to pick on retards!

Comment

1) when I plug USB 2.0 device into my USB 1.1 port, the port 'alerts' and says I can get better performance from a usb 2.0 port ---

2) If your computer is BigBrand (del, hp, Gateway, etc) the specs should be listed per model on their respective websites.

3) if the USB is straight off your mobo then check/lookup the specs on your mobo id. ELSE check/lookup specs on the USB card model id.
        •Micke

Comment

Working...
        X