Triband GSM/GPRS/GPS module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triband GSM/GPRS/GPS module

Don't know if anyone has seen this, just thought it was pretty neat and quite cheap for the functionality it offers, thinking of using it in my 1-DIN AutoPC.

http://www.telecom-store.de/id/54161.htm
    http://www.mc-technologies.net/html/...ar/xt55_gb.htm

Jan
    Not doing carpc anymore

Well I bet you will have a hard times to get this working. Otherwise great idea.

Comment

Why do you say that ? it's just powering the device with 3,3V and then coupling the serial ports for gps and the gprs/gsm function to the mobo and of you go.

Jan
      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Wow, that's a nice find!

Truely great little board, and it's a siemens, so fully gsm-at compatible... a pitty it doesn't mention waas compatibility.... but it seems to have hardware dead-reackoning possibilities.

Thanks
        List of front-ends/usefull apps
        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

You'll have less trouble with this than with a usb-gps, that uses a driver etc...
          List of front-ends/usefull apps
          XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

just my thought, and also for my 1-DIN project it is only 5mm high which is really low-profile :-)
            Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Anything with the 800MHz band? 1900MHz sux over here!!

Peace,

Rafster
              Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by _dopehead_
                then coupling the serial ports for gps and the gprs/gsm function Jan
                TTL, not RS232, right?

Comment

Hmm, with all of the other features to ? not from siemens, but i'll check out some other developers. oh, and i found a link with all the specific command sets for that XT55 module in case anyone want's to know more detailed info :-) http://www.esea.cz/support/siemens/xt55/
                  Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

no, rs232 as far as i can tell from the specs, even so, ttl to serial is just one little IC
                    Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

JC-S60, There is WAAS support.......this is snipped from the docs :

The XT55 GPS receiver is a product that features the SiRFstarII-Low Power chipset. This complete 12 channel, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver provides a vastly superior position accuracy performance in a much smaller package. The SiRFstarII architecture builds on the high-performance SiRFstarI core, adding an acquisition accelerator, differential GPS processor, multipath mitigation hardware and satellite-tracking engine.
                      Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

JC-S60, There is WAAS support.......this is snipped from the docs :

The XT55 GPS receiver is a product that features the SiRFstarII-Low Power chipset. This complete 12 channel, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver provides a vastly superior position accuracy performance in a much smaller package. The SiRFstarII architecture builds on the high-performance SiRFstarI core, adding an acquisition accelerator, differential GPS processor, multipath mitigation hardware and satellite-tracking engine.
                        I missed the price, how much is it?
                        Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Well, in europe i found a german site where it says 159,50 Euro :

http://telecom-store.de/cgi-bin/sell...rd=INT-54161-0
                          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Well, in europe i found a german site where it says 159,50 Euro :

http://telecom-store.de/cgi-bin/sell...rd=INT-54161-0
                            Hmmm, I was thinking of the Garmin OEM module, then the U-blox thingy looked pretty good. Now this! I'm starting to get decision failure!
                            Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

I am gonna get one to play around with on my desk to see if this works like it should before putting it in the carpc. I can always sell it again if it turns out to be crap.

Jan
                              Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

Working...
                              X