Question about Car PC case.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Car PC case.

I saw this on Newegg and was wondering if it would be sufficient for a car PC that will only be used for MP3 playback. Also, would I be able to output audio to an AMP that will then be output to my cars speakers?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...108-267&depa=1
    Import or Domestic -- Their both fun!

1996 Ford Mustang
    2000 Cobra motor conversion
    1985 Mazda RX-7
    daily beater, well beaten

Seems fine to me, but I just got a Micro-ATX board a few days ago so I don't have much experience with power requirements. I would imagine as long as you're using onboard video and audio, slim DVD, laptop drive, maybe a few USB devices you should be good. I've been searching and searching for the smallest case around and it seems this is it! Thanks dude!!
    EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
    Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
    OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
    Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
    BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
    VoomPC 2

Comment

please post how well you did with it, i have a big freaking case (5.5 inches tall)... i need something smaller!!!
      [4Runna]

next - wifi

Comment

I won't be using a DVD drive with it.. Will be onboard sound.. maybe a sound card, 2 HDs max and onboard video to a touch screen... Really, it will be solely used for MP3 playback.

1996 Ford Mustang
        1985 Mazda RX-7

Comment

you know, i'm backtracking now.... my dumbass should've done better research before I got my Micro-ATX mobo. According to the docs it uses 190W!!!! It's an Intel board, so no I won't be getting this case.... I found another small case though from Task: http://www.task.com.tw/tk2200.htm and another one that I don't have a url for right now, but they tend to all be around 13"x16"
          EWF, HORM, MinLogon on XP.

Zotac ION Atom N330, 2GB low-profile RAM, M3-ATX
          Win Embedded Std 2011 RC
          OCZ Vertex Turbo 30GB SSD
          Lilliput 629 Transflective, WRX Screen Mount
          BlueSoleil BT, i-Blue GM-2 GPS, DirectedHD Radio, Andrea Mic
          VoomPC 2

Comment

Okay, I looked up HardForums about any information on the PSU and case. The PSU is highly recommended.... On the avoidance list! No information on the case itself. I wonder how it would lend to being used with a Opus 150 watt PSU. This project is just getting more and more expensive as I go along!!!

1996 Ford Mustang
            1985 Mazda RX-7

Comment

Working...
            X