• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn! another Nano ITX board!

Check this out...

http://www.mini-itx.com/news/25257596/

From Mini-ITX.com...

VIA President Wen-Chi Chen demonstrated at a breakfast meeting a couple of weeks ago a new Nano-ITX board - the 12x12cm EPIA NL. We were on hand to take these exclusive photographs. The CN400 chipset EPIA NL will be a variant of the EPIA N board but with a lower profile, aimed at system manufacturers - very much like the EPIA MS Mini-ITX form factor board. Connectors on the NL included LVDS/DVI, SATAx2, IDEx2, TV, Audio, USB and a few we couldn't identify from our photos. Specifications may change, and of course the NL we saw had no heatsink attached. We don't expect to see this board again till CeBIT.
    No standard board connectors... Perfect for the ultimate custom install!!!
    Ford Focus MP3 : www.stevieg.org/carpc Blog Updated 29 January 2009!
    Car PC Status: Complete - Undergoing Software Redevelopment

looks great!! ,
    my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

very very nice, that board would be perfect
      肚子笑痛了
      S60 Install

Comment

Bah when are they going to release these things to the common people
        '02 GTI
        [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
        [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
        [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
        [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
        Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

Originally posted by judoGTI
          Bah when are they going to release these things to the common people
          yeah I know! I thought it was gonna be Xmas 2004... just in time for christmas...

Comment

Damn! i thought it had dual processors when i saw it and with the TV ad-on etc i was just about scream i want one and join the list of impatient people waiting for it to come out - but sadly no dual processor its the bios chip - I had an image of dual 1ghz or 1.2 ghz - which would be heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
              Damn! i thought it had dual processors when i saw it and with the TV ad-on etc i was just about scream i want one and join the list of impatient people waiting for it to come out - but sadly no dual processor its the bios chip - I had an image of dual 1ghz or 1.2 ghz - which would be heaven!
              LOL yeah that would be mint! I'd have to cut open my keyboard and install it in their as my main PC, 1984 Amstrad CPC style!

Comment

Originally posted by stevieg
                LOL yeah that would be mint! I'd have to cut open my keyboard and install it in their as my main PC, 1984 Amstrad CPC style!
                that would be cool - but a step back, no - a giant leap back, in the progess of the wire-free office - just imagine all those cables on your desk from the keyboard!

I would stick it in a hacked CD drive mounted to the back of an LCD monitor or summit so i can press the eject button and have it slide out sideways so I can admire it every now and then!

EDIT: along with some old sci-fi music and flashing lights as it slides out

Comment

that would be cool - but a step back, no - a giant leap back, in the progess of the wire-free office - just imagine all those cables on your desk from the keyboard!

I would stick it in a hacked CD drive mounted to the back of an LCD monitor or summit so i can press the eject button and have it slide out sideways so I can admire it every now and then!

EDIT: along with some old sci-fi music and flashing lights as it slides out
                  nah would look too much like a Mac then..
                  http://www.apple.com/imac/

EDIT: oh yeah I see what you mean LOL

Comment

nah would look too much like a Mac then..
                    http://www.apple.com/imac/

EDIT: oh yeah I see what you mean LOL
                    yeah the mobo coming out to be admired! thats what i'm talkin about!

(some smoke along with the lights and music would be cool too)

Comment

yeah the mobo coming out to be admired! thats what i'm talkin about!

(some smoke along with the lights and music would be cool too)
                      yeah and some heat-sensitive paint over the circuit board to make it glow along the solder tracks!

Comment

yeah and some heat-sensitive paint over the circuit board to make it glow along the solder tracks!
                        cool, i like your thinking. Or summit like 'tron' going on with light flashes simulating data transmission....cooooooool......

Comment

肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

Comment

cool, i like your thinking. Or summit like 'tron' going on with light flashes simulating data transmission....cooooooool......
                            Yes and perhaps a mini-idsco ball inside the monitor housing shining out sparkles onto the board

Comment

Yes and perhaps a mini-idsco ball inside the monitor housing shining out sparkles onto the board
                              nah, that just sounds tacky....

Comment

Working...
                              X