Need help on slim dvd-drive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on slim dvd-drive

hey guys. I got a Compaq Armada M700 that is not working for parts, and i can have the HDD working, and the DVD drive. Now the problem is that the connectors to IDE that digitalww and some other sites sell won't fit the drive because it as a different connector on the back. I'm guessing it has more connections than 50. I can provide a pic if neceserry. I could use a slim to IDE adapter to use it in my future install. the drive itself is a Compaq, part number: 168003-338 (SD-C2402-IV0) If anyone uses this dive in an ide setup, please let me know how. Any suggestions, tips, hints are appreciated.

cheers

anyone?

Comment

pic please
      •Micke

Comment

the pics:

Comment

It looks like you need to remove the drive from the carrier, then you will have the normal 50 pin connector. Looks like it already has a different adapter that goes from 50 pin to the laptops drivebay, which is likely multifunction.

Comment

ok, i'm going to try to disassemble, and see. thanks for the tip

Comment

hey! I took it apart, and this is what i ended up with:

Could someone confirm if this will fit the adapter sold by digitalww ?

Thank you

Comment

That looks like the connector on the back on my Panasonic drive that I attached the adapter to. I don't have that specific drive, or didn't order the adapter from DigitalWW, but that looks like the standard slim optical connector. Should work with that adapter.

Comment

Working...
                X