• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M10000 no video, spdif jumper?

i have no video on this board.
    it's second hand.
    when booted with no ram, it panic beeps
    ram in and silence.

the *manual* shows the spdif pins jumpered parallel to the "parallel port" if that makes sense, but the blown up images on the linitx show them perpendicular at 90 degrees- i have no idea how this originally ships as it's second hand, but i'd really love it not to be dead - there's nothing on the rca socket, and i can't check the composite out.....

Any suggestions?
    Cat
    Woot, or something.
    Epia M10000 (less rubbish than the 800) :: LCD touchscreen
    GPS :: 80G drive :: Not enough ram... Never enough..

Hmmm... why dont you download manual from www.viavpsd.com and see for yourself for jumper setting?
    BTW if you get signal on TV, check the BIOS settings that regard to Video output - try setting it both CRT and LCD, there is bug in BIOS 1.16 that messes with VGA output a bit.

Comment

ok, so i re read what i wrote.... did you?

i have the manual... it's confusing - it doesn't tell me which pin is pin 1 or the orientation of the block.

i get no signal at all on the devices i have the capability to check.
      but thanks for suggesting what i've done.
      Cat
      Woot, or something.

Comment

I do not get it. You have the board, do you? And you have a manul, right? So where is the problem then? Manual will tell you what pins to short by cap to change in order to get TV out from composite connector. it can be either 1to2 or 3to4. It also shows you location of pinheader on motherbord. It also tells you location of pin 1.If you can not see it from manual (I wonder why) get the motherboard, find the pinheader and locate the pin 1 on motherboard - pin 1 of pinheader is marked by solid white print on PCB around it.
        If this is still too hard for you just connect your TV no matter in what position cap is. If there is no picture, turn the PC off and relocate the cap to another position. You will not harm nor TV nor mobo by connecting TV with composite set incorrectly to SPDIF.

Comment

well its a square pin header, and the solid part covers two pins.

the manual disagrees with the pictures on their site.

assuming i know which pin is pin 1, i dont know which is pin 2 - hence the true orientation of the header.

I think the board is just ****ed, and i should really really give up this stupid hobby.
          Cat
          Woot, or something.

Comment

obviously, picture is whats wrong, its for ilustration only. manual is correct. stick to manual.
            For TV out, just short pins 3 and 4 with red cap. Can I make it any easier?

Still no go? Then you are right, forgot all about this stupid hobby, its not for stupid people.
            Attached Files

Comment

bwahahaha, i guess i lost a friend here.

It was bad ram... ram so bad it ate the bios in my main machine when i tested it in that.
              The manual is incredibly sparse at best, but at least it's sorted

/me rustles her degrees and wonders what constitues thick P

Sorry for being insistantly argumentative :P

Cat
              Cat
              Woot, or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitlin
                Sorry for being insistantly argumentative :P
                stroppy cow!

Comment

Originally posted by mpattonm
                  obviously, picture is whats wrong, its for ilustration only. manual is correct. stick to manual.
                  For TV out, just short pins 3 and 4 with red cap. Can I make it any easier?

Still no go? Then you are right, forgot all about this stupid hobby, its not for stupid people.
                  And you don't be so patronising!

Comment

You bloody..

Comment

Originally posted by mpattonm
                      You bloody..
                      and don't bloody swear - this thread was started by a bloody lady.

Comment

Be prepared for more frustration than you can ever imagine when enterring this hobby.. you think bad ram was a toughy ??? HA !!!!

edit: Sometimes when I'm frustrated I plan a little break either to drink a beer or bang.. did you know that men are typically smarter just after sex ?? The reason is because for about 5 minutes after sex your brain doesnt think about sex and is 100% devoted to thinking about the task on hand..
                        Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                        Via EPIA MII
                        512MB RAM
                        OEM GPS (embedded)
                        nLite WinXP pro on
                        1GB Extreme III CF card
                        Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                        Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

What??? no chance! 1st thing i think about after sex is more sex

Cat knows all about frustration, she blew her 1st epia, then finished her install with a mATX and that got stolen so now she is starting again!

Comment

oh man sorry to hear about that...
                            Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                            Via EPIA MII
                            512MB RAM
                            OEM GPS (embedded)
                            nLite WinXP pro on
                            1GB Extreme III CF card
                            Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                            Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

I am the queen of "do-over"

and yeh... after sex... more sex... the more sex you have then more capacity you have *for* sex. but i dont know about men, i've never been with one.
                              Cat
                              Woot, or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X