No announcement yet.

Adhesive Qu.s

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhesive Qu.s

I am trying to mount my old T3 Palm on the Dash to use as a GPS unit. I would like to use an adhesive that is removable in case I sell the car and that is a bit temperature tolerant. I have used hot glue in the past but in Atlanta around July it can get 100+ degrees in the car. Hot glue sometimes will cause the affixed object to slime down the dash I did a search on adhesives but did not find anything to this regard.

Good double sided tape would be your best bet. Or velcro. Possibly the stuff used to stick rear view mirrors to windscreens - but same with any adhesive - test is somewhere 1st.

Take Command

Thx for the suggestions. I have used velcro. It works pretty well but the built in adhesive will tend to slime the dash by the end of the summer and requires reapplication. I think I may try that 3m command adhesive. I have seen it sold attached to velcro like stuff.

Good 2 105

Well, I picked up a pack of command adhesive from HD. Package states "may soften at temperatures above 105 F" Hmmm.. gonna be close. I swear, I could fry an egg on my dash sometime in the middle of the summer.