What to do?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do?!?

Well after looking around for a new car radio with a aux in to hook my car pc into I am at a loss. No good brands have aux in :/ I can eather buy a wired (about $50 usd) or a wireless ($20-40) fm modulator. I could also just buy an amp to push my two 6x9's but there are two drawbacks to that. If I ever wanted to add speakers up front or tweaters I would need two more channels. Also sence my factory radio is dead if I just go with an amp I will have no am/fm radio any more (not a big loss but still worth mentioning). So at this point I have no clue as to which way I should go I can only hope that alot of people give me there opinions before thursday (my first day off in the week) as I want to get this fixed this week. The real draw back is the budget of $100 USD.

welll many headunits have aux in u just need the cable which is about 15 to 30 bucks if you shop around... and yes the budget will hold you back UNLESS you search ebay for someone who wants to get rid of one for cheep

Comment

I'm thinking I may have to go that way. I see that there are cables that plug in where a cd changer normaly would. Can any one recomend a radio for around $100 that you can find an "adaptor" cable for?

Comment

certainly there are good cheap units with AUX
        When you say Brand name, do you mean Pioneer, Kenwood and Clarion (my fav) which can run about $89 w/ shipping here is an example of a vERY nice deck 2005 clarion for only $86(http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=39757)
        or do you mean something like pyle which you can find for 40$

and 15" RCA wires are like $3 on ebay
        DICE Los Angeles
        ]

Comment

Ok lets put it htis way. So long as it is better than the factory radio that was in the car and I can hook my computer to it then that is good enough. Oh and can drive at least my 2 6x9's and posibly latter 2 smaller speakers (4 or 5 inch).

Also I'm not seeing on that clarion you gave a link to where it says there are any aux in's?

Comment

it has it...trust me
            DICE Los Angeles
            ]

Comment

Thanks for the info I will keep it in mind though I think I have decided to go with a super cheap solution (29.99 lanzar 4 channel amp). Nothing good on the radio any way right?

Comment

I bought my Kenwood head unit, which also plays MP3's, on ebay for around $120 with shipping and got the aux in adapter from Crutchfield.com for around $30. It was well worth it for me. I suggest that you shop around a little bit on ebay. Kenwood has always been my head unit of choice. There might even be a Kenwood outlet in your city that you could get a head unit under $100 pretty easy there!
                2001 Isuzu Rodeo CarPC

Comment

found this one - have had good experiences with Jensen - has aux in and remote control

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...760962905&rd=1

Comment

Thanks agine for all the help. I actualy said the wrong brand of amp before the one I'm looking at is a Legacy. Still deciding which way to go :/

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...760680279&rd=1

Comment

If you look at best buy and other retailers, most of the new head units have aux in that is listed for cd changer, but with a $30-50 adapter it will work for any 1/8" input. I got a pioneer for $150 that has it. There was a cheaper model, like $99, that had it. So with the adapter cable, which best buy has for $50, youre lookin at 150 tops. Im sure there are cheaper units as others have mentioned. The FM mod is not a good solution if you ask me...
                      Carputer status: [-*---------]
                      Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Yea fm seemed to get throw out rather quickly. I saw this and I think auto zone sells them. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...761501843&rd=1

Any one ever heard one of these amps? I wish there was a car audio ratailer around here that had some of the cheaper stuff. We have one car audio shop and they are generaly 20-100 more than online.

Oh and there is also this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...760784412&rd=1 which looks to me like a rebranded boss amp?

Comment

I would go with a head unit - gives you more control over bass, treble, loudness, plus the am/fm issue and you can always hide it away and use a remote with a repeater.

Comment

Yea I think I'm going with a head unit now sence that legacy seems to be junk. Keep posting head unit links (they need a line in)

Comment

i say go with a pioneer p3500 or p3600 with the rb10 aux input plug...OR p2500 or p2600 with the same plug...different graphics onthe 2500 2600. i have the 2600 but found no need for graphics cuz i hid it in my center console under my armrest..sound great!
                              i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Working...
                              X