Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm about to order an ASUS "A7N8X-VM/400" anyone wanna talk me out of it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm about to order an ASUS "A7N8X-VM/400" anyone wanna talk me out of it?

This seems to be the best Mobo to suit my needs. I'll be using a mobile XP 2500+ and the ASUS A7N8X-VM400 powered by an Opus150 w/ a 7" Lillput touch. Anyone care to share anything I should know? Maybe tell me why or why not I should order.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Cool, looks like a good choice. Your silence has helped me. Thanks, in a wierd way.
    Its not the cards you're dealt, its how you play the hand!

Originally posted by ryuandwings
    Where can I get a roll of tin foil?
    I been looking for that all over the net, but I can't find it.
    Please help.

Comment

Questions about this board have been asked ans answered several times. You'll be fine. I, and several others use the same one.

Comment

This might be a little late but what about this motherboard? BioStar M7NCG 400 Looks like same specs., $15 cheaper and better reviews from people who've actually used it. Just my $.02

edit: fixed link
        System:
        Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
        Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

Your link seems to point to www.microsoft.com

I have three of these, two A7N8X-VM 400's and the A7N8X-Deluxe. One main computer, one HTPC and one CarPC. I've mentioned what I like and dislike before. didn't feel like going into it again. I'm sure either board would be fine.

I don't remember for sure but I beleive I bought my two A7N8X-VM's off of eBay for under $50 each.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleGeek
            This might be a little late but what about this motherboard BioStar M7NCG 400 ? Looks like same specs., $15 cheaper and better reviews from people who've actually used it. Just my $.02
            Theres an extra http:// in front of that link you posted. The url really is:

http://www.newegg.com/app/manufact.a...alog=22&DEPA=1
            CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyM
              Your link seems to point to www.microsoft.com

If that link points to MS, you should switch to Firefox
              Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

Originally posted by jusatry
                haha yea, i hated when its a wrong link and they high jack it...

Even with that setting turned off it would redirect.

FireFox RULES!!!!
                1990 Jeep Cherokee
                2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
                2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog
                  haha yea, i hated when its a wrong link and they high jack it...

Even with that setting turned off it would redirect.

FireFox RULES!!!!
                  Like, dude, I AM using firefox.

Comment

Sorry, this should be the correct link BioStar M7NCG 400
                    System:
                    Epia M1000 w/512MB PC2100, Xenarc 700TS, ATI 7500 PCI, OPUS 150 PSU, 2.5 40GB 5400 HDD, 802.11g PCI, Slim Slot DVDR,
                    Gyration RF Kybrd, OBDII adpt. + sftwr, XP pro, iGuidance/Royaltek GPS NAV, XMPCR, Kenwd KAC-8401 4 chnl amp, 10" pwd sub

Comment

Originally posted by jusatry
                      Yeah, I have firefox and it still took me to microsoft.com.
                      CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Look at my sig, that is the combination I use and have no complain about it. Well one to be exact.
                        The mobo has NO option for overclock/underclock (everything is auto detect), and that is the problem for using mobile chip. If you are willing to do some wire moded, this is the mobo you should get. If you are uncomfortable with wire moded, get the Biostar mobo like other suggest. That one you can change the bus speed.
                        There is a thread I started a while back regarding "Asus A7N8X-VM/400 and AMD Mobile". There is link and instruction to do wire moded. Not that hard but .... just becare full when you do so.
                        2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                        89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                        Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                        RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                        EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I have the Biostar M7NCG mb and its a great board, only thing is u will have to order a special custom version opus to work with it. It will take about two week to get shipped to you through mp3car store, they will order it directly from Opus. More info about this issue is on Opus site, which really isnt an issue at all once done.

Again, no complaints so far... However its been my third week since install and im still tweaking my system here and there.

Comment

Let me know how the OPUS150 works with that board going at full utilization?

Comment

So far I have 256mb, running my xenarc, 3.5" hard drive, pci sound card, gps unit, and thumbdrive, and the M7NCG mb running off the 150opus, and No problems at all... Nada.

Comment

Working...
                              X