No announcement yet.

Any cases w/o space for a power supply?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cases w/o space for a power supply?

Hello,

I have a mini-ITX board (M10000). I want to mount it in a case and put it in my dash ('96 Jeep Grand Cherokee). I notice most of the poular cases come with a DC-DC power supply (and a space to put it), however, I have an on-board DC-DC power supply that attaches directly to the mobo. Does anyone make a case that's basically just the footprint of the mini-ITX board?

Thanks,
    BoB

Travla C-134

I highly recommend the Travla C-134 for an Epia M10000 board. Got one myself - barely wider than the mobo, and an extra 2" space or so for a PSU. Mine's in a DIN-sized opening.

The only thing that you might want to check is its depth - might be a tad too deep for your application - but check!

Comment

Originally posted by rubicon
      I highly recommend the Travla C-134 for an Epia M10000 board. Got one myself - barely wider than the mobo, and an extra 2" space or so for a PSU. Mine's in a DIN-sized opening.

The only thing that you might want to check is its depth - might be a tad too deep for your application - but check!

Yeah, i used the Din-size for my A4, but it was 2" too deep....

I saw somewhere (maybe that guy who did his G35 up good) that someone had shortened the case and made it essentially just the footprint of the M10000.
      Cheap Laptop, great for Carputer!

Comment

Originally posted by rubicon

Yeah, the JGC is just not deep enough for the C134, which is why I was looking for something shorter.

Any linkage for that shortened C134?

Thanks!
        BoB

Comment

Try this They have drawings and suck to do it urself or the guy who made the site can make you one http://www.indashpc.org/hardware.html

Comment

Use the and look for the Ikea key box. The Via M models fit in perfectly!
            VIA MII 10000 - 512MB Ram - Dual 2.5" drives, Xenarc 700TSV, Panasonic CW-8132-B, Opus 150, Audigy 2 NX, PowerMate, IOADR1610 10 Relay card

Comment

Working...
            X