Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any mobo capable of running a mobile sempron?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Any mobo capable of running a mobile sempron?

    It looks like the Winchester core Mobile Sempron 3000+ has the ability to run at very low power. Do all Socket 939 M/B handle mobile Semprons?

  • #2
    i know mobile barton's work in most socket a boards. i would image so.

    ask on hardforum.com. they will have your exact answer.

    in my opinion. go with pentium m (21W at max)
    Mobile Celeron 1.6GHz 30W,ASUS P4S800-MX, Audigy 2, Kingston DDR266 256MB

    Comment


    • #3
      Now the question is: is the mobile sempron better than the mobile 2500+?
      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
      GammaControl v2.4
      SKINbedder v3

      1995 Lexus SC300

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm actually talking about the winchester socket 754 semprons...according to this guy, he can get it to run FULL LOAD at 12.5 WATTS. That's Epia level at about 10 times the Epia performance.

        http://www.goodwin.ee/sulo/Power2.htm

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by 0l33l
          Now the question is: is the mobile sempron better than the mobile 2500+?
          It might be, if you believe the above link. At 12.5Watts, I'll take a dip in performance vs. the 2500+ mobile

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ZenerDiode
            It might be, if you believe the above link. At 12.5Watts, I'll take a dip in performance vs. the 2500+ mobile
            I wouldn't
            PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

            1995 Lexus SC300

            Comment


            • #7
              I know what you mean about the dip in performance. I've just about had it with my M10K...Centrafuse is just wayyyyyy too slow on it.

              A quote from the guy...

              "As for speed: this Sempron 3000+ running at just 1GHz actually encodes XVid movies at roughly the same speed as my old XP1600+ did on a KT266A board (but with 1/10..1/6-th of a power consumption!!!!)."

              So perhaps a big dip in performance. Certainly much better than the Epia's though. I too am seriously considering the 2500+mobile, but I'm not sure my Opus 90W can handle it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ZenerDiode
                I know what you mean about the dip in performance. I've just about had it with my M10K...Centrafuse is just wayyyyyy too slow on it.

                A quote from the guy...

                "As for speed: this Sempron 3000+ running at just 1GHz actually encodes XVid movies at roughly the same speed as my old XP1600+ did on a KT266A board (but with 1/10..1/6-th of a power consumption!!!!)."

                So perhaps a big dip in performance. Certainly much better than the Epia's though. I too am seriously considering the 2500+mobile, but I'm not sure my Opus 90W can handle it.
                In the case that you have a 90w then I'd go with the sempron.
                PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

                1995 Lexus SC300

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm seriously considering getting a Moblie Sempron 2600+ (25W at stock speed).

                  But I'd like to know the answer to the original question: What motherboards can handle it. I'm not even sure the voltage resulator on mainstream motherboards can go that low.
                  Sentra CarPuter:
                  -InnovaTek 7" LCD touchscreen, Biostar M7VIZ w/ AMD Athlon XP-M @800 MHz 1.1V, 512 RAM, 160G HDD, M-Audio Revolution 5.1, USB Wi-Fi with custom external antenna, Holux GPS and lots of really nice audio bits...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X