No announcement yet.

Looking for GPS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for GPS

Ive searched and searched the last few days for USB gps recievers, but I want to know what you guys are running for the reciever. Ive got Microsoft Streets and Trips 2005 but I need gps coordinates for it

I see many people use the BU-303. Many others use the Earthmate. I use the Royaltek Sapphire and have been quite satisfied.

Search on terms "best GPS receiver" and you'll get loads of discussions about this.
    Originally posted by ghettocruzer
    I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
    Want to:
    -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
    -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

I'm not looking for the "best" though, just something thats functional and gives a gps signal. Are there really any big differences between the brands?

BU-303 is probably the least expensive you are going to find. Yes, there are differances between brands as some are more accurate than others. The differances aren't vastly significant though.
        AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
        Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
        -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

get the rikaline 6010 off of ebay. i got it for 60 shipped (about) and it's far far better than earthmate that i used to have. My $0.02

Well accuracy is a fairly high importance. Not a big neccessity, but if its a difference of <100 bucks I'll do it. I'm thinking 200 tops for my gps setup. Which seems to be a little higher than what you paid. So maybe my options will be set within 200.