Need help identifying a relay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying a relay

I am looking for a tiny relay that does one simple thing: it opens or closes a single circuit when I send it a momentary pulse. In my case (in car), when I send it a momentary 12v, it closes the circuit and stays closed even when the 12v is gone. Then, when I pulse it again with 12V, it opens the circuit and stays open. What is this called??
    Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
    512mb DDR333
    Windows XPpro SP2

Hmmm, I might try this: http://www.edn.com/article/CA472837.html
    512mb DDR333
    Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

It's called hier a Bi-stabiel or polair relais.. I'm only not sure if their name is the same in English...

It's a relay which gets a pulse and then just switches, with another pulse it will release. Without power it will remain in the same setting as after the last pulse.

Found it, its called an unipolar relay. Conrad has them for example. ( www.conrad.com ), art.no PULSE RELAY 12 V DC Part no.: 505463 - I5

Bi-stable, pure mechanical storage of contact switching positions Unipolar, same pulse (power and current direction!) for both switch positions
      My Opel Astra 1993 CarPC: http://www.djsmiley.com/projects/carpc/photos/

Comment

They are called latching relays. Man, I was sitting here for like 10 minutes trying to think of that. One pulse, and the hold the contacts closed. Another pulse, usually to another set of coils, or to the same set but in reverse, and they open again.
        2000 Subaru OBS

Dell P3 @ 900 Mhz
        7" Lilliput TS w/DigitalWW in-dash mount
        80GB External HD

I am Zero Bitrate....

Comment

Originally posted by DJSmiley
          Found it, its called an unipolar relay. Conrad has them for example. ( www.conrad.com ), art.no PULSE RELAY 12 V DC Part no.: 505463 - I5
          ROCKONN!!!!!!!!
          Thanks!
          512mb DDR333
          Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Working...
          X