Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need suggestions on how to hook up external power ...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need suggestions on how to hook up external power ...

My carPC is finally installed, and it is working great, but one of the few things that are really bothering me is that it is a pain to take it out of the car (so I can work on it for a few hours).

So I started thinking, I can't be the only one having this issue ... what are you guys doing to power the carPC from an external 110V power source? My carPC is in my glove box, so the only thing I can think of is some sort of ATX extension cord so I can hook up a regular power supply, but not sure where to find those (if they exist at all) or if there are better ways.

I wired in some quick disconnect crimp on things for all my power connections and I already modified a 350W PS to turn on via a switch (pin 14 & 16 i think) and then I feed my car PC (dont have a screen yet) from one of the molex connectors (to get my 12v and 5v) Then all I have is a long extension cord and some more of those crimp connectors. Works alright for me. I just dont have all that easy of an access method directly to the motherboard.
    2003 VW Jetta Wagon 1.9L TDI 5 speed
    <|||-------> 35% ish

CarNetix P1280 80w
    EPIA TC10000 Mobo, 512MB SODIMM DDR, 160GB HD, Orinoco 802.11b, Hollux GPS (USB), 12dBi Omni Antenna

Waiting on:
    DWW-700M 7" 1-DIN Display :-D (2 weeks maybe!)

Comment

What about an ATX extension from mp3car.com store?

probably the easiest solution....
      Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
      Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Working...
      X