uSDC help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uSDC help

I was wondering if anyone else is having a hard time with this shutdown controller. I connected the voltage in, GND, ACC, Voltage out and it will not turn on the power supply. I used a multimeter to test the voltages on the line in and it was 13.8V and the acc was around the same voltage but when I checked the the VOUT it is reading 0V. I followed the quick start guide, setting the jumper option 1 on when ignition and engine running. I Thought it might be the low voltage setting so I adjusted it to the lowest voltage setting, still nothing. Doing all the above nothing happens, bypass the controller and the powersupply works and the PC starts up. Is there something I am missing or did I get a DOA uSDC?

Had some pretty strange issues with mine as well. I sent the unit back to Jeff (ZOOTJEFF) for repair. I'm awaiting the unit in the mail now. Hopefully all my issues are gone.
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

what kind of problems were you experiencing?

Comment

random hard/soft offs. Half the time i'd turn the key and get no power, then turn the car off and the computer would boot. Crazy stuff like that

Comment

Originally posted by 04scooby
          I was wondering if anyone else is having a hard time with this shutdown controller. I connected the voltage in, GND, ACC, Voltage out and it will not turn on the power supply. I used a multimeter to test the voltages on the line in and it was 13.8V and the acc was around the same voltage but when I checked the the VOUT it is reading 0V. I followed the quick start guide, setting the jumper option 1 on when ignition and engine running. I Thought it might be the low voltage setting so I adjusted it to the lowest voltage setting, still nothing. Doing all the above nothing happens, bypass the controller and the powersupply works and the PC starts up. Is there something I am missing or did I get a DOA uSDC?

Make sure the blade connectors don't wiggle or got unsoldered.
          MPEGBOX - Plexiglass Computer
          www.mpegbox.com

Comment

they are solid and solder is all there.

Comment

ok I tried connecting the uSDC back to the car and took readings on the VOUT line. Now it is reading where it should. I connect my pc to it and the MB SW is not working properly, it will start for about 4 secs then shut off. It is acting like the power button is being held down and shutting off the PC. SO I am very close to getting this to work I just dont know what is causing this new problem. Any Ideas?

Comment

ok I tried connecting the uSDC back to the car and took readings on the VOUT line. Now it is reading where it should. I connect my pc to it and the MB SW is not working properly, it will start for about 4 secs then shut off. It is acting like the power button is being held down and shutting off the PC. SO I am very close to getting this to work I just dont know what is causing this new problem. Any Ideas?

Do you have the jumper cable on backwards? If you have it backwards, it will keep the button pressed all the time.
                www.mpegbox.com

Comment

it stays off all the time if I do the switch one way and the other way will start then shut off after 4 secs.

is it possible just to put a momentary switch on it and use the rest of the functionality of the controller?

Comment

it stays off all the time if I do the switch one way and the other way will start then shut off after 4 secs.

is it possible just to put a momentary switch on it and use the rest of the functionality of the controller?

Are you connecting it after the computer is already on?
                    www.mpegbox.com

Comment

no.

Comment

no.
                        A little more detail would be helpful. What is the LED doing? How do you have things connected up, where are the pots turned to? Why did the ACC start working all the sudden?

All the way up could mean something different than, fully clockwise, etc.

-Jeff
                        www.mpegbox.com

Comment

Yaa, you can not connect the MB_SW and then you just get battery protection and Temp and low voltage protection. You would have to manually hit the power switch every time..

What power supply, motherboard, Gauge Wire, Distance from the Battery are you using?
                          www.mpegbox.com

Comment

KPI 250W PSU
                            Abit NF7-S mobo
                            12 GA wire
                            about 6 feet from battery to PSU under drivers seat and about 8 feet to the passenger seat where the car PC is.

I turned the POT for low voltage to the lowest setting and the timer is at default position. THe LED blinks three times then goes solid after it applies power to the VOUT line. The ACC line always worked properly(I tapped my remote wire on my head unit), it was the VOUT that never had voltage before. I will double check the LED status with the switch though.

Comment

this is the EXACT problem that i'm still having jeff. the random shut downs n stuff are gone but starting the computer is hit or miss. The relay just clicks and you can hear the hard drive spin up then immediately spin down a random number of times. LED activity is normal. This morning i fiddled with it quite a bit and right now i have my optional switch removed from b and its workin normally. I'll try at lunch to see if it stays that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X