New M10000 no post with any ram

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New M10000 no post with any ram

Well I thought "Theres no way some stick of ram I have won't work in this board" I guess I was wrong.
    I just got my M this afternoon, I HAD a working Evo4, had to take it all apart to evern try to get the M working. I get no video, no post beep and it sound like nothing out of the hard drive as well.
    Mounted the board stuck in stick 1 (Crucial 266 ddr 2.5 cas) Nothing and I mean nothing except for the fan spinning
    Stuck in stick #2 Centon 266 drr 2.5 cas Hynix chips = nothing
    Stuck in stick 3# Corsair 333 2.5 cas hynix chips = nothing
    stuck in stick #4 OCZ 3200 3.0 cas = nothing
    stuck in stick #5 Giel Golden Dragon 533 ddr = nothing
    Stuck in #6 other matched Giel = nothing

I searched and check the "freak out beep" with no ram in it and it does do that. I went through and reset the CMos and pulled the battery inbetween every stick as well. Flipped the SPDIF for the hell of it, nothing.
    I'm only using VGA but it won't fire up a monitor I know works. With having no post beep I'm starting to wonder if the boards just fried. I know they are picky but damn over $800 in ram and not a freakin thing. Is there some other pin that I'm missing? The units mounted on my glove box but sitting on my desk and I'm using a regular power supply (Tried 3 of those as well). No drive are plugged in and I get nothing but a $150 fan that's noisy. I'd flash the bios but can't.
    Any help?
    2K SVT Lightning, Some things and the usual truck pc, now with slot load dvd rom and ECM Data logging.
    05 Scion xA

try different ram slots
    I know its weird but my new asus A8N-sli the RAM needs to be put in the a specific slot first. And it isnt even the first or last one in line. It is the 3rd one from the left!!!! (or DIMM-B1 as it is labbled) Kind of weird it needs to be in that one for it to work but i spent like 3 hours just messing with that before i got it working and it was the same thing no video no beeps no nothing

Brian

Comment

it's a M10000 it only has one

Had I known the bios was this messed up I would have just kept running my 2 gig celeron. Now I'm without music for a while. And with an hour drive each way I think I might just ram a wall tomorrow, won't mess up my hard drive, it's sitting on my desk.

Why does VIA try to play off all the problems with the M boards, well all thier itx's for that matter. You need to flash the bios to upgrade the video drivers? Really kinda strang, I think I got one of the 'wonderful' new boards with the new bios that turns it into a pretty little paper weight, I really hope not.
      2K SVT Lightning, Some things and the usual truck pc, now with slot load dvd rom and ECM Data logging.
      05 Scion xA

Comment

I was having the same problem with an M10000 and an C134's 80W power supply.
        When I connected the board to an older C134's 60W PSU the unit booted normally.
        So I returned the case, and am now waiting for a new one, hoping that will solve it.

Try another PSU ?

Comment

Tried 3 PSU's and now the 7th stick of ram. She *&^*&ing dead. I just LOVE getting shotty equipment that's new in the box. I called Via, they suck, never answer the damn phone, prolly too busy dishing out RMA's on these boards or trying to keep from Rma'ing these boards due to the crappy bios update that puts the board in this state. Via tech forums suck as well. Somehow you have to register to use them, yet no friggin register link anywhere on the forum. Yippie I'm listening to road noise for 2 weeks or more............ &**(*( WEAK!
          05 Scion xA

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonPred
            Tried 3 PSU's and now the 7th stick of ram. She *&^*&ing dead. I just LOVE getting shotty equipment that's new in the box. I called Via, they suck, never answer the damn phone, prolly too busy dishing out RMA's on these boards or trying to keep from Rma'ing these boards due to the crappy bios update that puts the board in this state. Via tech forums suck as well. Somehow you have to register to use them, yet no friggin register link anywhere on the forum. Yippie I'm listening to road noise for 2 weeks or more............ &**(*( WEAK!
            Don't bother posting any questions on the VIA tech forums. The only times there's a VIA representative there is to announce new products or post links to product reviews. They haven't answered a technical support question in months.
            System status: in progress

Comment

maybe just maybe the baord is dead. Just because it's new don't mean it's not dead. Mine brand new board was. Two of them, lol.

Comment

the reason via are so crap with ITX support is because they are the only people making them, well almost.

Comment

BTW on both my duff mother boards the fan came on and there was no beeps or post.

Comment

Well it was posting. threw a PCI video card in it was able to change the Int display from PCI to AGP, on board works now. XP install dies right after the bars scroll durring set up. I know others had this problem so I am off to search. Crappy thing is like every 3rd boot I get no video. It came with the 1.16 bios so no sence in flashing it. I've tried different ram again, same story video cuts off right when "Xp Loading" screen comes on durring set up. Changed the display from 800 to 1024 from CRT+DVI to just CRT or CRT+LCD no luck, kinda wierd. But it's kind of alive, worst case I install ME or 98 I guess.
                    05 Scion xA

Comment

Well spoke too soon. Can't load XP, 98, ME or 2k. can't run any live Linux distro, goes to load the kernel and drops. Guess 2 weeks of silence is what I'm stuck with. The next one better work.
                      By the way my M10000 came with the crapp 1.16 bios preloaded, thats what screwed me in the first place.
                      05 Scion xA

Comment

BTW, the M10000 won't work with anything other then non-ECC RAM, at least that's my experience.
                        Chrysler 300 - Fabricating
                        http://hallert.net/

Comment

FYI i have 1 gig stick of pc3200 "high density" ram off ebay, its way cheaper than normal ram and only compatible with a few via chipsets...but works fine in my m10000, also works with all my other non-high density rams as well

Comment

after trying 8 sticks of ram you'd figure one must work. I got so far as having XP installed, even 98, XP died when trying to load and 98 died right after loading when trying to find drivers fr dg73r (or something like that) 50% of the time I got no video when booting.
                            05 Scion xA

Comment

Working...
                            X