Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XM's audio never turns completely off!?!!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM's audio never turns completely off!?!!?

I just bought an XM PCR for my carputer, and I love it. The only thing that's wrong is even when the XM volume is turned to 0% my XM is still playing at about 2%? Also, whenever I am playing MP3's (at about 45%) and switch to XM, the XM is very loud. Do you think it's something with my line in hardware (soundblaster mp3+)?

I use matchvol, I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks
    Andy

EDIT: Oh, and a couple more things... I am using MediaEngine as my front end and whenever I hit mute it does turn the sound completely off.

bump

I know I can't be the only one with XM on their carputers. How are y'all getting sound from the XM outputed to the speakers?

Comment

audigy 2 nx line-in. Works fine for me. I'm sure its a software issue. What are you using?
      2.4 celeron
      150 watt OPUS
      micro atx
      xp pro
      tv/radio tuner card
      audigy
      Dual monitor Radeon
      802.11G Mimo
      xm pcr
      dvd
      gps
      8" Lilliput touch screen
      IGuidance
      dual optimas
      battery isolator
      15" screen
      My Truck

Comment

I'm using the MP3+ and how I fixed it (I don't know why this worked) but I uninstalled all the drivers/software that came with my sound card. Then when I reinstalled it I manually went in and installed the driver so in device manager it doesn't even say soundblaster, just USB sound device and now the volume goes all the way to 0%.

Comment

Working...
        X