which VIA mobo to pick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which VIA mobo to pick

between the m10000 and the fanless MS10000 version of it(which also has CF slot). and what about the mII10000, is the only diff in that the PCMCIA slot?

and the 12k, whats the main difference between that, and the fanless m10k? besides PCMCIA

I do not recommend the EPIA MS mobo, i got the MS 12000 and now i have to make all of my own headers for audio, usb, and serial. (i can buy the usb and serial, but for my case i need short ones) The lack of audio headers that come with that board are actually an advantage for me, cause i made my headers to go from mobo directly to RCA outputs (save my adaptors LOL, and cleaner look). Plus the M10000 have the option to go with linuxbios (faster boot)... http://wiki.linuxbios.org
    I had a perfect quote to go here,
    but hell only knows what I did with it....

Comment

what do you mean by headers, like the actual audio plug? and the reason i asked about the fanless one was that its fanless, is it cooler than a fanned one? or is it only quieter? cuz i don't mind the sound of the fan. and i'm not really going to use CF anytime soon, so if the MS series is just bad then i don't need it, i'm going to make a custom case for it so i don't need compatibility for it. basically i need a PCI slot so i can put a real sound card, and i wanted decent speeds, the CF and PCMCIA are nice, but i can work around it if i don't have it.

Comment

I got the MIII 12k and make all the connections myself and since you are gonna make you own case you will fine..... check this thread for pics.......

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47963
        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

I mean there are no actual connectors for anything besides CF, VGA, and LAN, everything else has headers, and i have the version with the fan, cause i dont mind the sound of the fan, its gonna be drowned by my music...
          Plus the cost has hindered my progress so far, I made my own case too, i can post pictures soon, i really dont want to till my whole project is finnished but i may anyhow...If you ever plan on using CF you can buy a CF to IDE adapter for 15 bucks, way more worth it than the MS board
          I had a perfect quote to go here,
          but hell only knows what I did with it....

Comment

Working...
          X