Volume Knob

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Knob

Does anyone know where I ca find a volume knob cover (like the powermate, but a lot smaller)? Only the cover, not the encoder!!

ditto. we need some nice knobs fot eh idrive controller.

Comment

I've been looking for some decent ones as well but so far failed .... I've exhausted google!

Comment

Originally posted by UK_MP3Car
        I've been looking for some decent ones as well but so far failed .... I've exhausted google!
        Me too!!

I am thinking of using some from head units!! I suppose you can order it as a replacement part!!

Comment

How about the sony repairs centre they have lotsa knobs!

Comment

the only thing I can think of is the gps knob for my car (see attached).

The 350Z uses pretty much the same knob, so I was going to head over to a local nissan dealer sometime soon to pick one up.

It wouldn't be that good for volume, but it looks like it'd be good for an idrive type of application.

I'm still open to other ideas though

and for volume, I already use this:
            http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...t%5Fid=274-424

looks better in person than that pic shows.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pate60
              How about the sony repairs centre they have lotsa knobs!
              yeah but those knobs don't know what they are talking about and thier spares are over-priced!

Comment

sony repair centers? They have those local? or is that a website?

Comment

we are looking for something about 2" in diamter, preferbaly alloy with rubber outer and we ten want to add LED lighting!

Comment

The above knob rotates and has a push button?

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                      we are looking for something about 2" in diamter, preferbaly alloy with rubber outer and we ten want to add LED lighting!
                      I had a Sony MEX-1HD that had such knobs!! I really liked them!!
                      I may get 2 of those and use them with the phidgets encoders!

Comment

Originally posted by DjBac
                        The above knob rotates and has a push button?
                        you asking me? and if so, which knob are you talking about?

Comment

The knob in the pic!! Right under the screen!!
                          It rotates and when you push it it acts as a button?

Comment

oh, I had link in that post which was to another knob completely

It does not rotate, but that's not a fault of the knob, but rather a switch beneath it. You put that knob onto an encoder and that problem is solved.

It does get used as a joystick and a pushbutton. Looks like it'd work rather well with the pushbutton and joystick (using thumb) part. But perhaps not so well for rotating. A little too smooth of an outside circumference.

Comment

hmmm that is nice but they are too small.

SONY:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X