Forgot how to wire "reverse polarity" switch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forgot how to wire "reverse polarity" switch

Guys, as the title says, I forgot how to wire a switch so that the + & - are reversed. Also, I forgot which switch I should use. Thanks.

:-P if i knew how i would help you but im just a post whore hahah

Comment

please be a bit more exact, i do not understand the question
      Sorry for the english

CarPC Specs.

Via Epia MII 12000 \\ 512 Mb Ram \\ 200 GB Western Digital \\ PCmcia asus wi-fi
      Xenarc 7" Touchscreen \\ Usb Bluetooth \\ Carnetix P-1280

Comment

is this for a forward/ backward motor? I think a 3 way switch ie center is + in then one outer is + out and other is - out
        1990 Jeep Cherokee
        2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
        2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

WebDog, the answer is yes, I need to drive a motor one way and then flip the switch to run it the other way, that is what I need. looks like you know what I need, mind telling me what to do. thanks

Sorry guys I was not clear.

xdjxklusivex: I would not read a post if you weren't in it

Comment

Here you go:

Dual ON-ON
            Double Pole, Double Throw = DPDT

A pair of on-on switches which operate together (shown by the dotted line in the circuit symbol).

A DPDT switch can be wired up as a reversing switch for a motor as shown in the diagram.

ON-OFF-ON
            DPDT Centre Off
            A special version of the standard SPDT switch. It has a third switching position in the centre which is off. This can be very useful for motor control because you have forward, off and reverse positions. Momentary (ON)-OFF-(ON) versions are also available where the switch returns to the central off position when released
            Attached Files
            1990 Jeep Cherokee
            2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
            2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

This is exactly what I want. Thanks much, apreciate the help.

Comment

help would be great

I see you know what you are talking about... the only problem is I dont. I was searching on how to do this with a relay, but I could only find out how to do it with a dpdt rocker switch and not a relay. Can you please help me out? I have a relay with 8 contact points and I have no clue what one does what.

I need to turn my car on and the power makes a motor move up. then I need to turn the car off and the motor go the other way.

I understand that when I turn the car off the power goes as well, but I need to find out how to get arund this along with getting this relay to work.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WebDog View Post
                  Here you go:

Dual ON-ON
                  Double Pole, Double Throw = DPDT

A pair of on-on switches which operate together (shown by the dotted line in the circuit symbol).

A DPDT switch can be wired up as a reversing switch for a motor as shown in the diagram.

ON-OFF-ON
                  DPDT Centre Off
                  A special version of the standard SPDT switch. It has a third switching position in the centre which is off. This can be very useful for motor control because you have forward, off and reverse positions. Momentary (ON)-OFF-(ON) versions are also available where the switch returns to the central off position when released

Just wanted to say thanks for the diagram.

Comment

Working...
                  X