Slim drive adapter sticks out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim drive adapter sticks out

I bought a Hitachi sd220 on ebay. My slimline dvd adapter to usb2.0 works great except the port on the dvd drive is upside down from a normal one on a pc laptop dvd drive so my adapter sticks out the side. Any idea of a gender changer, new cable or even different usb or ide adapter I can use to get my dvd drive to work?

Thanks,

Skippy911

i'm interested in this too, i'm in the same situation.

I got a slim slot loading DVD drive from an iMac, and the JAE50 connector on the back of the drive is upside down. I got the adapter to take it to USB, and instead of aligning with the back of the drive, it sticks off out the side like you're saying LOL...

I would also be very interested in some kind of adapter that will correct this...

Comment

Originally posted by mattress
      i'm interested in this too, i'm in the same situation.

I got a slim slot loading DVD drive from an iMac, and the JAE50 connector on the back of the drive is upside down. I got the adapter to take it to USB, and instead of aligning with the back of the drive, it sticks off out the side like you're saying LOL...

I would also be very interested in some kind of adapter that will correct this...

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=12362

Comment

i read through that thread, but i only say posts on how to take it to IDE ... i didn't see any USB adapters

Comment

take it to IDE and then from IDE to USB. problem solved.
          Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

when you take the JAE 50 to IDE, it gives you an IDE plug and a molex connector for power.

normally, when you take a JAE 50 to USB, it pulls power off the USB line.

when you convert JAE 50 to IDE (+ molex) to USB, do you still connect the molex connector for power? it seems really complicated LOL

Comment

Working...
            X