No announcement yet.

Standby Questions

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standby Questions

Hello all, I just installed my carputer and I have had it in for a few days and I will be posting in the 'Show off your Project' soon. But I have been having problems with standby. Here is the thing, I have an M1-ATX Power supply with a Via Epia M10000 mobo, I have the jumper settings on the PSU set on A and B which means 5sec/never (offdelay/hardoff), when I turn off my car (ignition) the computer goes into standby just fine. BUT when I go start my car (ignition on) the system reboots and starts up windows, it DOES NOT come out of standby mode instead it just boots up as if I had it turned off. I have done alot of searching but nothing real clear on this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

you computer is either A) not surviving crank and thus the computer is restarting, or B) the comuter is hibernating and it will look like a reboot but is faster.

Have you checked your battery voltage lately?
      Carputer status: [-*---------]
      Im thinking laptop...

Well it goes through the entire boot process with the setup screen windows logo and everything. So I know its not hibernating, because it will do this within a matter of seconds after turning car off then turning it on again. But something have noticed is that when my car sits for a few hours. It will come out of hibernation when i start it up and it seems to be working the way i want it to, But if i just need to go into a store or something for a few minutes it will reboot when i start.

It works with hibernation. I set the power button to hibernate when pressed and now it worx like a charm. I would have rather it go into standby, but that also might drain it to 11v pretty quickly.