Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switches - Need a TPTT

Heyas,

Does anyone know where to purchase (if they are even made) mini Triple Pole Triple Throw switches? I could get away with a DPST and DPDT switch or a relay network, but I'd rather just have it be a simple, single switch. Thanks,

Aux
    PCChips M789 v3 w/ Samuel 2000+ S3Vid Lan AC97, 40 GB 7200PRM, 512 DDR266, Xenarc 700YV, PAC AAI-GM9 Headunit Adapter, Sirius Sportster, touchpad mouse input.

they are uncommon and may be hard to find- rotary switches can be many pole many throw tho

Comment

I considered that, but I am having a hard time finding a knob small enough that'll work. The entire knob diameter must be about 0.75" as I'm putting a series of LEDs, buttons, and switches in the area shown in the image below. This is the molding that goes around my gear shift:

PCChips M789 v3 w/ Samuel 2000+ S3Vid Lan AC97, 40 GB 7200PRM, 512 DDR266, Xenarc 700YV, PAC AAI-GM9 Headunit Adapter, Sirius Sportster, touchpad mouse input.

Comment

most rotary switches have a 1/4" shaft, and radio shack has knobs that are 1/2" diameter.
        But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
        Originally posted by Viscouse
        I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
        eegeek.net

Comment

Bonus! Thanks. Guess I'm so used to not checking radio shack that it's become a habit to go to Digikey first.

I actually did just find a part that would work for my situation. Made by ITT Cannon, PN 7411J1V3BE2. Digikey has 'em for $10 (and I'd have to order 1,000 of em!), so in this case, the Shack and rotary switch might actually be the way to go. Go figure!

Thanks again.

Comment

Check out this website they have a lot of switches and stuff. I didn't see 3p3t sitches but maybe you can find something useful.

http://www.action-electronics.com/
            Mobo= Epia V
            Ram= 640mb
            Ps= m1-atx
            Screen= Lilly 7" ts
            Hd= 40gig
            case= 1/10 scale model of my car (04 Saturn Ion QC)
            soundcard= soundblaster mp3+
            GPS= Holux gm-210

Comment

Working...
            X