Xm Sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xm Sound

I ve searching for about a week now and cant find an answer my xm never gets siginal in frodo sat it just says updating on the preset buttons, media car just says initilizing xm channels ive double checked my cable about 20 times and im using the com port on the back of the pc and is set up as port 1. when I go into the device manager it dosent have anything listed do I need additional drivers? any help is appreciated
    thanks Aron
    New Ipad
    Zapco DSP-6SL
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 right side
    Zapco Reference 360.4: H-Audio Soul, x2 left side
    Zapco Reference 500.1: JL Audio 10W3V3 Stealth box

noone has any suggestions?
    New Ipad
    Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

Try grounding the sheilding in the cable. Did you make the cable or buy it? Are you using an XM Direct or PCR?
      CarPC v2: Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT, DW Housing, IBM R40, GPS, XM, StreetDeck

Comment

I made the cable, im using direct, Im gonna try to ground the sheilding hope it works
        thanks Aron
        New Ipad
        Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

Make sure the shielding on both sides are connected as well. I didn't have them connected and right when I connected them frodoSat started working.
          CarPC v2: Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT, DW Housing, IBM R40, GPS, XM, StreetDeck

Comment

also make sure that it didnt find the XMD as a serial mouse, check the device manager under mice

if it's there just disable it, dont delete it. then reboot the computer and it should work
            肚子笑痛了
            S60 Install

Comment

and try this program, which will at least show you if your getting packets to the XMD you should see both S and R's in the window

http://frodoplayer.com/downloads/XMDebug1.2.zip
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

Maybe a stupid question, but when you say it is setup as port 1, you do mean that you edited the .ini file and changed it to port 1 right? Just making sure.
                7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
                ATVMS.com

Comment

I have the same issue when I use FrodoSatelliteRadioXAlpha3. It just sits there and keeps updating but nothing happens. But when I use the the embedded XM player within Frodoplayer front end it connects immediately and works just fine. I think I have edited the ini file correctly (but I could be wrong). My XM is not activated though so could it be that it cannot complete updates because it cannot find all the channels?
                  Compaq Evo D510 e-PC - P4 2.0 - 512M RAM - 120G 3.5 HD - 7" Xenarc 700TSV - DSATX fitted nicely inside the PC case

Comment

wooooohoooooo I decided to hack a new cable together and now it works I just get a bad buzzin sound when xm is on unmute on line in and mute on exit are used so i got some searchin to do thanks to everyone for all the help
                    Aron
                    New Ipad
                    Zapco DSP-6SL

Comment

Working...
                    X