Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most popular mini itx board

Hi

I am currently doing research for a carputer and am wondering what the most popular mini itx board that people use is. I eventually want the carputer to do everything, radio, mp3, dvd, satnav, with front end and voice.

I want to use on the the mini itx DIN cases. It seems to be that the m10000 is very popular just wondering if any others are widly used.

Have a around and look at peoples sigs. The most popular I have seen are the Via MII 10000, Via MII 12000 and the Via 800 (don't know the full model number)
    "A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking."

Comment

Check out this thread, it should give you some idea. Otherwise search about and check out other sigs.
      Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
      LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

M10000 is very popular. M12000 less so, but basically a faster M10000. I've seen a few people with 800's.

The M10000 will do everything you are asking, although I wouldn't expect it to do all of that at once. Today I had Frodoplayer, Bruno Speech Recognition, Delorme Street Atlas and GPSSecure all running at once and the processor was in the 60-70% occupied range. It was also speaking the commands as well.
        Originally posted by ghettocruzer
        I was gung ho on building a PC [until] just recently. However, between my new phone having internet and GPS and all...and this kit...Im starting to have trouble justfiying it haha.
        Want to:
        -Find out about the new iBug iPad install?
        -Find out about carPC's in just 5 minutes? View the Car PC 101 video

Comment

I think almost everyone uses the VIA M1000
          A1-MTX
          VIA EPIA M1000
          Ultra Low Profile 512MB
          Hitachi Travelstar 30GB 2.5"
          Toshiba 8x Slim Type DVD
          Casetronics C134
          Lilliput 7" Touchscreen
          ElmScan OBDII
          Travellar Mini Keyboard
          Holux GM-210
          Hauppauge WinTV/FM USB

Comment

Originally posted by rsantos97
            I think almost everyone uses the VIA M1000
            So true. Still, the best MiniITX is dead MiniITX
            Asus K8S-MX ~ Athlon 64 2800+ ~ Kingmax MPXD42D-2K 1Gb ~ Seagate ST960822A 60Gb ~ PSK-3100 PS/2 kbd ~ MR-350 GPS ~ Hawking HSB1AP ~ Buffalo WLI-USB-G54 ~ 8" Dynamix TS LCD ~ DSATX ~ XCard ~ TVedia ~ some LCD TV ~ Vista ~ MapPoint 2006 ~ iGuidance 2.*

Comment

Mini-Itx DIN cases are not exactly DIN. They are sticking out of the dashboard. The shortest is 20cm in length (AutoCan) which is very expensive though. Just check your DIN to so if it will fit!
              Time displayed in a different way!

http://www.lares.dti.ne.jp/%7Eyugo/s.../03/index.html
              http://www.humanclock.com/

FREE 3D Glasses: http://www.rainbowsymphony.com/freestuff.html

Comment

Working...
              X