Audigy 2 nx -- not that much juice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2 nx -- not that much juice?

I just got my audigy 2 nx wired up under 5.1 settings-- when messing with the equalizer I got the sound alot better- but nowhere near the kick that my old head unit gave. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a little more juice out of the audigy?

Wiring:
    Front/rear speakers wired from the outputs on a stock Infinity gold amp (jeep premium sound)
    Sub on own 800 watt power.
    Dont know where all my juice went!
    Jeeputer in progress....

Originally posted by Jeepman
    I just got my audigy 2 nx wired up under 5.1 settings-- when messing with the equalizer I got the sound alot better- but nowhere near the kick that my old head unit gave. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get a little more juice out of the audigy?

Wiring:
    Front/rear speakers wired from the outputs on a stock Infinity gold amp (jeep premium sound)
    Sub on own 800 watt power.
    Dont know where all my juice went!
    I contacted Creative Labs about the output of the audigy and other sound cards they manufacture. Their comment to me was that the output levels are by design. In order to achieve the S/N and THD specs, they decided to keep the output a bit lower.

Before you say it, I spent the money on a long distance phone call (no 800 for support) to hear this BS answer, but I am giving you the straight goods here.

I wound up using an in-line amplifier (by Fusion) to boost the audigy levels which worked nicely (however costly). It yielded an additional benefit. I was getting all kinds of buzz from the PC through the system. Using the in-line amplifier decoupled the noise (wow... never expected that) and I now have nice, noise free sound in my car.

Comment

Can you link me to which amp you used? TIA
      -Matt

P.S.
      I'm coming to Vancouver BC on the 30th- hopefully the greenery will be looking good ;P
      Jeeputer in progress....

Comment

i am using an audigy soundcard also. when i finally fired the system up at the end of the summer i had very low volume. i also am using 2 audio control eqt's that have small built in line drivers. i will be back to working on my car in a few weeks so i'll have to wait til then. i probably will put an o-scope on the outputs to really see whats going on. another idea i will try just to see if my system even is wired right(should be) i'm going to use an old receiver and plug it in down the line to check out each component
        99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

do you have a center channel speaker? if not, you should pull that down to 4.1 ... you're could be missing part of the audio spectrum with your music (and cetainly will with DVDs).

Also, how is your sub wired? Only one of the cables from the center/sub plug has sub signals.

I'm using the extigy and don't seem to have a problem witht he sub levels ... i have a clarion eq in between so maybe that helps?

can you crank the gain on your amp anymore? or does it have a 'bass eq' or 'bass level' setting on it?
          My JeepPC Install

"there are no stupid questions, just stupid people."

"it's been agreed the whole world stinks so no one's taking showers anymore"

Comment

Working...
          X