Insight P4 Itx Audio out problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insight P4 Itx Audio out problem

I got this mobo second hand. I spent like 2 hours today trying to get the on board audio to work. Software wise it's telling me everything is fine. I finally rigged it up to the case-front audio pins and that works. My question is, does there have to be a jumper on these pins to turn on the jack on the mobo?

I would think no jumper would be required to use the jack on the back of the mobo. It probable that the jack is fried. I had that happen to a single jack on my audigy 5.1 card, where all the rest worked just fine.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking. Oh well I can make it work this way. Just would have been a little cleaner the other way.

Comment

What's the big deal about throwing jumpers to get the better sound?
        Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
        How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Well it's not better sound. It's the same sound with more wires.

Comment

I have this problem now. And no front panel to use

I stole the jumpers for another board, thinking I could just replace them with new ones when I get some, how hard can it be, I have the manuals...

**** - The manual just says:
            To connect the front audio panel, first remove the two red plastic jumpers.

Does show them in the diagram and doesn't show which pins the should be on... 10 pin block directly behind the sound jacks. Pin 8 is a blank one.

I've tried shorting odd pins to see if I got sound but no joy, I think it has to reboot with the jumpers on for it to work!
            My Nissan 200SX @ Silverstone
            NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

My Car's spec list + pics

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Anyone with a P4 that works on rear audio sockets wanna share the jumper settings with me
              NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

the insight board?
                肚子笑痛了
                S60 Install

Comment

Yes, its my home PC, an Insight P4 on the floor without a case

Its ok folks, just found a picture of the board I could make them out... Got it on EPIACentre's site

Pins: 5-6, & 9-10 to enable rear jacks for anyone else that may need the info...
                  NOW SADLY WRITTEN OFF!

Stealth CarPC fab'ing...

Comment

Working...
                  X