4-port USB Hub burned

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4-port USB Hub burned

Don't know where the problem is, today I started the car and the hub was dead. The powerled didn't lid up. I got the 5V vdc out of M1 5V line. It worked fine yesterday, altough, the whole system was installed yesterday. Is the engine crank responsible? Any similar experiences?
    Volvo 480 Restoration Project

What hubs are you ppl using? I checked the 5V line, and it was quite straight, no bumps at all. I hope the next one doesn't burn - maybe I should use passive hub.

Comment

was it a brand new hub or was it used?

maybe it was just it's time to go
      肚子笑痛了
      S60 Install

Comment

Just bought it

Comment

Make sure you don't reverse the polarity. That white stripe is usualy positive, but not always so check and make sure anyway. That's what killed mine.

Comment

Yeah, I double checked everything before connecting anything, and the hub worked fine. Not today though - no go.. Every gadget works though, so it didnt wreck those. Perhaps some loose wire got to it... I also checked with voltmeter. I Think I'll triple check it just to make sure

Comment

oh yes it worked again today... but it stopped again in the evening. I figure this is because of minlogon. I'll test with the normal winlogon to see if it helps. Minlogon seems to be really buggy with usb devices...

Comment

Yes, it was the minlogon. So, back to using the ol' winlogon.

Comment

Well, an inexpensive mistake at least. Hubs are generic though, no drivers needed. It shouldn't really have any trouble.

Comment

When it's not working (with minlogon), windows device manager shows unknown usb device. Also devices connected to it don't work. When i swich back to normal winlogon, it detects it and the devices correctly. It works with minlogon after that though, but not for long, the same problem reappears after few hours/days.

Comment

Working...
                    X