Adding Aux to my Alpine head unit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Aux to my Alpine head unit

Hey guys, I have a tdm-7544 tape head unit, it has an mbus adapter on the back of it, so I tried to hook up the kcm-122b adapter to give me RCA jacks. The adapter fit in perfectly but it wouldnt enable the AUX input when I clicked on Source. So does anyone know how I can tap into the AUX input on the headunit I own?

Thanks again.

--Daryl

If this headunit doesnt support it is there a headunit that you can recommend that is under $90 dollars?

On on my ai-net bus i had to ground the audio interrupt in wire (pink w/ black or pink w/ white if i remember right).. then it would switch to aux in.
    99 ram 5.9 turbo
    P4 2.0, MicroATX, Audigy2nx, Monster Cable / Alpine.
    Coming soon: Indash motorized, 5.1, dvdrw, gps, bluetooth, wifi, and more!

Comment

My head unit (pioneer though) has a function in the main setup menu (where clock setting is) to turn on aux in. I had to do this before I could select it with "source."
      Carputer status: [-*---------]
      Im thinking laptop...

Comment

I have an alpine head unit, I have to into menu and turn aux on before I can select it in source. Maybe you have to do the same.

Comment

I have same HU, i are looking for PIC code, but my code found in the web doesn't function with a PC or piC. I need more info about the clock presicion, moment and special secuence to LIE to HU about the existance of CD

Comment

I don't think you can do it with that "old" M-BUS HU.
            I have dig into this option for a long time and give up. You have to have the CDC hookup and cut in to the audio signal. Other than that, there is no aux in thru M-BUS.
            Why not use tape adapter? Is is sound much better than you think. That is what I use on my TDM-7534.
            2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
            89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
            Y2K Accord Dell GX150
            RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
            EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Because I never want lost a WAR!!!! Ha-ha-ha

Comment

on my head unit, a 9803, you press and hold the F button, then press the next and previous buttons until "AUX" is selected, then press band to activate AUX instead of the cd-Changer

I could not find a decent high res pic of your head unit, but if there is a function button, or a "setup" button, press and hold that and see if that works

Comment

Tape adapters suck. I got a XM SKYFI 2 for father's day and have been using the tape adapter but got sick of it sounding like poo. So I tried to wire an 3.5mm adapter into the the CD changer port, with no luck. I ended up having to leave the cd changer connected but cut the audio line and connect from there. It sounds soooo much better. I can even using my Creative jukebox. Sweet.

Comment

Working...
                  X