Recommend A Good MicroAtx mobo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend A Good MicroAtx mobo

Im looking for a microatx mobo with decent on board video.
    Must me MicroAtx and Socket 478. Thanks for your help guys!

www.newegg.com
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by Darek85
      Im looking for a microatx mobo with decent on board video.
      Must me MicroAtx and Socket 478. Thanks for your help guys!
      So do some Googling.
      Try Directron and NewEgg. They always have a good variety of parts.
      We're not here to do your research for you, man.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

yea there should be a master list of matx motherboards that we use. I have mini-ITX so i can't help however i know that people use the (edit:thanks brady) Biostar M7NCG 400
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

try to go for an intel board. in my experience, they seem to be the best for a general purpose board. my pc has an intel 82845g (atleast i think thats the model. i know its the chipset and onboard video model) motherboard and not only does it have a decent video card (not a gaming video card by any means although it seems to handle games a bit better than most other onboard cards ive seen. but it should work well for usual video and whatnot), but the boot times seem to be pretty damned good. on a cold boot on this machine, the big wait i have at the bios is for the hard drive to spin up. second its up to speed its off to windows. on a warm boot (restart), the post is instantaneous.

P.S. my board is microatx and socket 478 as well. supports P4's and celerons. currently its running a 2ghz celly.
          Your everyday carpc geek and tech guru at your service. *bow*

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
            yea there should be a master list of matx motherboards that we use. I have mini-ITX so i can't help however i know that people use the biostar ??? 400
            Biostar M7NCG 400

Can't/won't help you with the socket 478 though.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

ASUS with an Intel chipset is my favorite.

If you get a socket 478 board, make sure you get a dual channel DDR board though and put two sticks of ram on it.

Comment

/thread
                Carputer Worklog
                Carputer Progress:
                PC built and functional, waiting on funds for DWW-7VGA and Opus 150W

Comment

Originally posted by fromplanetbob
                  ASUS with an Intel chipset is my favorite.

If you get a socket 478 board, make sure you get a dual channel DDR board though and put two sticks of ram on it.

Why two sticks of ram on it why not just one....... don't you know tHAT THEY MAKE 512MB AND 1G in one single stick....
                  RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                  We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
                    Why two sticks of ram on it why not just one....... don't you know tHAT THEY MAKE 512MB AND 1G in one single stick....
                    Dual Channel DDR boards require two sticks of ram. The reasoning is because each stick can be accessed seperately.

Comment

I was just askin what you guys recommend to look for when deciding on one such as chipsets and onboard graphics...... I wasnt actually asking someone to search for me.... I know comps and i just wanted to see what others are using with a socket 478 since the majority use epia boards

Comment

well, I went P4 because I don't think a VIA board has much power. Others will say it has enough power for what they want. I just figure if I'm going to put a computer in my car, might as well make it a Pentium 4.

Besides, I'm writing my own front end in vb.net and we all know how big of a resource hog vb.net is.

Comment

Go with the Asus A7V400-MX. Asus makes a solid board and this one has been extremely reliable for me.

Comment

I've been building computer for three years (and I'm 16 now). I can say I really trust Foxconn, Asus, and Abit Mobo's. I just finished a newer computer based on a Abit AS8-V. Its not a High-Performance Mobo, but I've overclocked the hell out of my chip, and my Mobo is great.

I used Intel products, even though AMD now comes in 64 differnt flavors (which I have yet to test). I've only had one problem with Intel and the customer service is descent, and wasn't too hard to solve.

As for car computers, Its been a while since I've looked at Micro-ATX boards, but I think Foxconn makes some inexpensive Micro-ATX boards...

Here's some that should be descent, and inexpensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186012
                            (Good basic board, serves basic functions)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813186049
                            (Another food Foxconn Board, has SATA ports for your HD, I find SATA much much faster than plain ATA, I use 2x80Gig SATA drives and they are fast as lighting.)
                            Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
                            Kenwood X790 x/ iP500 Ipod Interface
                            Elemental Designs 13Kv.2 D2
                            CDT ES-620 (omg yayay!!!1)
                            NINe.2X, NINe.2

Comment

Working...
                            X